PA League Seasonal Opener [Tournament]

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by reptarking, February 4, 2014.

1. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

39 Players entered into the tournament!!! 24 slots left
  2. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

He just stuck the words on right? Don't want to take anything from that but just clarifying.

Love the image. Looks great as a background on my phone.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  3. iceDrop

iceDrop Active Member

I sooooo want to join this. Just need to get that in, officially.

Unfortunately, weekend demand for family time supersedes. Can I be put on the reserves list? Last week I wasn't certain at all, but as it turns out I was able to watch several rounds and my son actually asked if I could play after a while. The ball-and-chain *ahem* my wife was surprisingly more accommodating than I expected, but I really can't predict her what this next weekend will be like.

I don't feel confident enough to sign up, but being on reserve to possibly fill in seems acceptable. I think. I hope?

Btw fellas, just fair warning and and all;
    Ackbar_its-_a_trap.jpg

Ya know?
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  4. reptarking

he cleaned up the original images Planetary Annihilation text and added his own
  5. reptarking

if you go on the sign up sheet and just put (reserves) behind it I can get you onto the original tournament sheet for it
  6. iceDrop

iceDrop Active Member

Google seems determined to make this brutally difficult to accomplish from an ipad, or I'm just slow, I guess. I'll try to take care of it tomorrow from the desktop, thnx.
    reptarking likes this.
  7. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

The image I have (phone lock screen one) has no text and looks just like the one under the writing. Anyhows that's neither here nor there. I just wanted to give credit where it was due.
  8. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

I want to step out of the tournament. (Actually that was a fit of rage) The game is too unfinished to play competitively. I'm just losing my sanity here by taking the games too seriously. It's no one major thing (yes even the OP air can be dealt with), it's the little things, like when the game selects your fabbers instead of combat units, or when it selects one aircraft instead of the group or it doesn't fire the uber cannon or it misses, or your fabbers decide not to build something even though it says you can build it. none of these are major issues or high priority ones, but they can cost you the game (especially when it's minute 5 or 10 and you've realized you expanding fabbers were randomly selected with your Doxes and haven't been expanding for the last 5 minutes and you're -150 metal because of it) and there are a lot of similar thing that happen the game which kinda makes competitive play pointless for me since you're losing because of beta no because of lack of skill.

edit: ok, now that I vented that, I can try again
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  9. reptarking

I think high skill levels of play surpass most of these problems. you learned to adapt against them
  10. zweistein000

Then there's more reason to take me out, since I'm not that high level.
  11. reptarking

When will you ever learn the skills to over come them and get better if not in a skill demanding environment?
  12. nanneraircraft

nanneraircraft New Member

I'll enter as a reserve as I don't know what I'm doing exactly on the 15th, and because ever since the last update once a match I'm in starts progressing the game slows down and stops and only updates every 10 minutes then everything is frozen again. :/
    reptarking likes this.
  13. zweistein000

It's ok... I was just deeply frustrated yesterday, played 5 or 6 games and lost them all. I still have a long ways to go.
  14. reptarking

try and get that under control! haha id suggest maybe redownloading PA? im not to sure thought with bugs.

I understand, everyone gets frustrated at games sometimes. whenever I think I have developed this amazing build and then I lose with it really bad and all I thought was good with it was bad, that's what I get into just a sour mood with PA in general and I just lose lose lose no madder who I face
    zweistein000 likes this.
  15. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

I just have to write myself on the list? Easy as that?
  16. reptarking

write yourself on the sign up sheet and I or any other PACE member can add you to the tournament sheet
  17. jrnation88ftw

jrnation88ftw New Member

I just wrote my name in the list. That is all that is needed to sign up?

Seems very cool and I am looking forward to it!
    reptarking likes this.
  18. reptarking

Yea that's all you need to sign up
  19. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

43 People signed up! 21 Slots to go!
    cptconundrum likes this.
  20. reptarking

64 slots in total everyone!!!! this tournament in the start of eSports here in PA! get in on this!
    carlorizzante likes this.