Underwhelmed by the Assasin

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Wednesday, August 11, 2010.

1. Wednesday

Wednesday New Member

Ok i understand they can 1 hit kill a few classes from behind, but overall i was let down by the assasin. These are just my opinion not pushing them on you.
    To begin they are really weak, both hp and weapon wise, long range and close range, which id understand if i didnt have to wait half an hour every single time i tried assasinating. Also whenever i do try to grapple its like a 50% chance it will even grasp them. Ok i know this is a wall of complaints but i do love the game, i was just ashamed of the weakness of this class.
  2. j0shg0tr0

j0shg0tr0 New Member

It would make sense to flank and attack from behind your targets with the Assassin. Soften them up first then go for the grapple kill.
  3. MX 148

MX 148 New Member

They get a easy one hit kill. That's already too much.
  4. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Most grapples from behind are 1 hit kills - a tank or gunner grappled from the front usually survives when @ full health.

A reduced melee cooldown for assassin would make sense, IMHO, and I hate assassin.
  5. magnusrex

magnusrex New Member

that's probably from me, legit, and azo killing you so much...
  6. Oscar Oli

Oscar Oli New Member

Quote from Dev Walthough 1...

'You don't grapple a tank!'
  7. JambiBum

JambiBum New Member

I don't think the Assassin is underwhelming at all. Especially while I'm going 20-2 and the likes. You just aren't using her correctly.
  8. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

I don't use the Assassin and I think she is underpowered, She has no health and can,t do any damage. If she fails the grapple shes dead and if she does grapple shes killed while grappling.

I suggest increased melee damage or faster grapple animations.

But she is defiantly a demon when the host is using her, Don't use her if your lagging.
  9. ABAGOFWETSAND

ABAGOFWETSAND New Member

Haha.
    'You don't grapple a tank!'
    I seriously lol'd.

***. is pretty bad ***, as most of my deaths have been at the hands of those sneaky devils.

Me:
    "oh heck yeah, no one is around, about to down this jackbawwwww!!..."
    Grappled and murderlized via assassin.
  10. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

Im really good with assassin... your supposed to do hit n run tactics..... take out enemies that give your team trouble.... if you charge in head on youll get owned.
  11. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

As a class the Assassin is probably the most difficult to play effectively (at least for me it is). As above you need to play hit and run, use your stealth, sneak behind people etc.
  12. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

I couldn't agree more with this post from neutrino. I am very effective with the Assassin but only because I understand how differently she plays from the other character.

She IS one of the hardest characters to master but also very fun to use as a tool for revenge on sniper that is giving you headache. :twisted:
  13. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

I agree she is very hard to master but... I was good at the assassin from the start, im just really good at that kind of stuff =D

Personally my hardest class is sniper because... i suck at sniping .-. im alot better at medium-short range.
  14. MentalyRawred

MentalyRawred New Member

She isn't as easy to get use to as maybe a tank, assault, or gunner, but she is lethal. You just have to know what u can and can not do. The great thing about assassins (and this goes for snipers somewhat too) is you can own the battlefield if you can plan ahead while killing. The increased melee damage... eeeeeh it'd be nice but I think more range on the katana would also be good. When I swing it sometimes it feels like I have to hug someone just to cut em. But the charge deals with range pretty well. Like said before by someone else in here, you need to use guerilla warfare to deal with your opponents.
  15. mrhthepie

mrhthepie New Member

I got slaughtered trying to play assassin. My play style isn't suited to it and I didn't persist enough to develop good tactics.

I'm very interested by the obvious parallel to the TF2 spy however. They show two very different approaches to a stealth character in similar games. The assassin relies on pure stealth and is much better at fighting, whereas the spy is more about disguise and being devious to achieve goals other than killing. I don't think too much deviousness would have fitted well with MNC's atmosphere.
  16. AssassinsGoneWild

AssassinsGoneWild New Member

Quoted for truth, grapples from behind are really the only way to get a kill as an assassin, and once you use it you're stuck on a what seems like a 20 second cooldown, and you have so little health it's almost impossible to take anyone head on with just the sword or knife.

Assassins can be summed up in three words: Grapple or Die.

Oh and smoke bomb jump/run like hell when you're discovered, but that's more wordy =X.
    Last edited: August 12, 2010
  17. WTFile970

WTFile970 New Member

Assassins are very underpowered until you get the cloak and the dash upgraded, then they are the most unstoppable force on earth.

Yeah, 99% of the assassins on the game today suck at it, but soon they will learn how to get behind someone without being seen, how to grapple that tank right after he takes a bit of damage, and how to kill that support guy in the enemy base and get away without dying. They just have to learn the maps. Some people just get the assassin though, I always dominate as her, far more than as any other class.