What does it take to fix Host Migration issues

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Undertaker4uplr, January 21, 2011.

1. Undertaker4uplr

Undertaker4uplr New Member

For the first time since I bought MNC the day it came out, the host migration issues were so bad this morning, I couldn't even get into a game. I have noticed since Christmas of more dropped games, but I couldn't even stay in a game for more than a few seconds this morning. Whats the deal? I know my connection is flawless sooo.........
  2. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

what "issues"?
    the "unable to migrate host" thing is caused mostly by the game trying to select a host that leaves during the migration process.
  3. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

Your connection maybe flawless but the people that play this game dont all live in your street. You will get lag no matter what, the more people that have fibre optic the better as this will help reduce some lag. As of host migration its a 95% improvement since the game came out, ive very rarely had a dodgy host migration.

You have to remember these guys are from different companies who got togeather to make this game, so they are still learning things too im sure, i would still play this if it had no migration due to its originality factor.
  4. Undertaker4uplr

I appreciate the advice, but its four hours later since I originally posted, and still having the problem. As soon as I search, I receive the "connection to host lost". If a game does start, the host migration comes up, than Im dropped. Sucks because I WANT to play. Ill try the search/cancel trick. I've noticed a lot of people dropping in and out of matches due to pub stomping worse than ever. Maybe thats why I didn't have these issues until recently. Im thinking a lot of new people purchased around Christmas, and because all of us who started from the beginning have gotten better, that they aren't getting the chance to improve slowly like many of us had. Halo and COD take care of beginners where this game really doesn't. Strange because I never experienced these problems from the start as some mentioned. Frustrated :-(.
  5. Z Bear

Z Bear New Member

I have had far fewer host migration issues lately, but I do know what you're talking about when you first join a game and it immediately goes to a host migration failure several times in a row. But once I get into a game and it tries to migrate, it is usually successful for me. The only exception is that when you're playing split screen, always, no matter what, the host migration fails.
  6. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

Incredibly frustrating.
  7. Ian

Ian New Member

8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

This thread has gone on far too long.

Question: What does it take to fix Host Migration issues?

Answer: Players not to quit/leave.

/thread
  9. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

It matters because some of us don't like to host, and if everyone is hosting then you have a bunch of half empty lobbies. I don't host because it lends a hugely unfair advantage to the class that I like to play most.

EDIT: Also, there is another pretty big issue regarding pulling host, but I'm not going to post it here. You know, because I have common sense.
    Last edited: January 21, 2011
  10. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

Because it gets to about 11pm UK time an the room stops filling up, so then my friends pull host an then it does the same to them after so many dead lobbys, so we have to search normal which is most of the time a crappy host who quits if someone destroys his firebase after he had been over healing it for 10 mins.
  11. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Splitscreen will not host migrate. It doesn't work in that situation.
  12. Grec

Grec New Member

At least it's a good Splitscreen deterrent
  13. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

so, it makes it more like mnc for steam, in the best way it possibly could.

half-empty lobbies with a decent host, some of which arent partied up, are a lot better than full lobbies of swirling host migration, where you go in and out of every server made that night, at least twice for each one.

i should know, i tried it on the steam. the players were pretty sharp knives, at least more skilled players to less randoms than you find on xbox. and the servers werent always full, but hosted well and proper. i liked many of the new features too, id say it was worth paying for the game again to get to see the future of mnc. cant wait for them to release a bunch of it in the next xbox patch.

btw, the server i played in, showed me that 5 bots spawning each wave, starting with a blackjack and 4 slims, and ending up as 5 blackjacks, really makes the games good. id say it balances out those who juice-rush and ignore bots, because those bots can get into your base if even one wave is ignored, wether you flattened your enemy base with juice 20 times or not.
  14. cq217

cq217 Member

also if u hav a wireless connection, check if u hav UPnP enables on ur router, that was my main problem until my friend enabled it for me. now my connection is amazing
  15. Undertaker4uplr

Thanks man. Maybe Ill try it on steam. If host migration is due to people going in and out, than some sort of penalty needs to be implemented in my view to minimize its' occurance. Take money away, experience points, something. :idea:
  16. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

if you literally can not find a single game, then it is something wrong with your internet connection, not the fault of uber.

and dont compare this game to halo or call of duty. generally "taking care of newer players" is synonymous with "no skill required to get a 25 kill streak."

not every game needs to be like halo or CoD. those games arent even good, its just become a cool factor now.
    "hey man, you getting the new CoD?"
    "I didnt know here was one? whats new about it?"
    "the graphics are slightly better, and seeing as it is a brand new game, it will be chalk full of glitches/exploits that would usually be patched in an older game. but it IS CoD."
    "YYEEAAHH!"
  17. Undertaker4uplr

Ok, first I never blamed uber for anything. My main intention was if there was a way to correct/avoid the problem, or if others where having a problem at the time I posted

I haven't played COD or HALO in months, and don't even have the newest COD Black Ops. I've been playing MNC since its release every day. Everyone has a right to their views and opinions. I do believe that newer players should have the option to play other newer players until they reach a higher skill level, say 15 before being thrown to the wolves. Again, it could be optional. If they want to jump right in, more power to them. YOu have to play against other people to get better obiously, but with people around your skill level at the start. Getting stomped by people who know all the tricks right from the get go isn't the most enjoyable experience I imagine.
  18. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Ok I'm going to stop here. First of all MNC for Steam have dedicated servers XBox has Peer to Peer. The big difference is with servers you can look for a room and with p2p you just join a room. There is no player in a dedicated server and if a player leaves there is no stalling.

I guess I'm lucky that I tend to get host after a migration and when it does migrate it is no more than 5 seconds. I also guess players can tell I was host because I have gotten a bunch of messages thanking me for keeping a room open for so long.

Pulling host has it's benefits but if more people then needed are doing it it just won't work. Also if players would stop quitting finding matches would be a lot easier. I just don't understand why quitting is so common. At least 3 players every other game. So what you're getting beat tough it out, see what happens the next few games.

/morningrant
  19. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

My god you talk some shite.
  20. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

and that difference is good. you make it MORE LIKE that when you pul host. if your a good host, its your job to be host. if a noob scrub is host, instead of a good host, then the game suffers a lot more than it does having a few half-filled servers.