Assassins Juice Rate - It Makes Puppies Cry

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by sensitivepsycho, January 20, 2011.

1. Einarath

Einarath New Member

http://xkcd.com/386/ :lol:

Depends on the time of the game. At the start when there is only one blackjack in each group, I'd say yeah, probably around six waves, maybe a few more (maybe I should actually check this sometime, :lol: ). But once the game gets towards the end, and there are only blackjacks, it probably only take a couple of waves. Though it's a lot harder to count, since by that point they're generally grouped together in much larger packs. When that happens it can literally take say, two waves, maybe three (assuming there are like, six or seven blackjacks). And by this point I have money to burn on juice buying, so I go buy juice, rampage, kill a group of blackjacks for juice (and for protecting my team of course), rampage, and repeat.

Though this doesn't happen as well as I plan sometimes, and does take some skill to not die during the whole process, I do have to say that it can make me feel bad if it does work, as the amount of juice does seem excessive. Games where this works I often get up to around twenty to twentyfive juices. Though admittedly even if it doesn't work out so well, I generally do get an overdose everytime I play Assassin.

I'm not exactly sure what you are referring to by "make" (i.e. juice as an endorsement, which I completely agree is a terrible idea EDIT: Just realized you were making a Yoda reference. God I am so drugged up and sick right now, lol), but in terms of juicing as an Assassin, I consider it a great tactic. From what you've said, it almost sounds like you're saying that juice shouldn't be used very much because it makes the game too easy (I am probably misinterpreting this completely, and if so, my bad, I have a terrible fever right now :lol: ).

I play my Assassin to push bots, destroy turrets, and occasionally assassinate people. I use to play a much more pro-based Assassin, but I felt that she can be so much more, and really do everything. Kills pros and bots when you're not juiced, take down the enemy base when you are. I try to do everything to help my team to get bots into the base and destroy the moneyball as quickly as possible. Juice is an extremely useful way to do this, especially if you do it right
    Last edited: January 22, 2011
  2. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

I'm saying it shouldn't be used all game, all the time.
    Juicing is fine. When you get it sporadically.

Constantly juice-chaining is not.

The way you've described your playstyle of Assassin is indeed what (I think) most Assassins should strive to do. There are SO many things she can do--to constrict herself to pros isn't helpful to anyone.
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Is that some Yoda ****?
  4. Einarath

Einarath New Member

Well, to each their own. ;)
  5. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

o_O Why isn't this thread locked yet?
  6. Jackal Queenston

Jackal Queenston New Member

So I just took the time to read through this entire thread.

My eyes are officially burning. I have to admit that I laughed for a few minutes at post one of page two.

I also have to admit that six or seven people really need to sit down and shut the **** up, and stop acting like little children. It got old at about halfway through page two.

Being a Steam player, I've seen Juice-chaining go down a LOT since the update. Being an Assassin player, that kinda dampens my base-wrecking abilities. But being an overall-gameplay-watcher, this seriously helps in making matches not checkmate-able solely by an Assassin pushing lanes and juicing at the right times [and in some cases chaining], resulting in a practically-soloed 6v6 match. This is a team-effort-based game, not a one-class-with-one-strategy-under-one-effect-wins-all game.

As much as I like the idea, Assassins shouldn't get an easymode all-your-base-are-belong-to-me button. I understand that the update was given to Steam due to the increased bot production, but Assassins shouldn't have this power period. The class name is Assassin, not Goddess of Destruction.
  7. Organous

Organous Member

* As a bisexual with an interest in linguistics, I do take offense to "gay" being used outside the context of meaning "homosexual," especially as a derogatory term.

* The primary argument for nerfing her juice consistently involves bad players. This is a faulty argument. When she is against a good team, it is both risky to get the juice and to use it. For any other class, it is harder to obtain and more reliable to use. A juiced Gunner can easily destroy an entire base single-handedly, and it's incredibly difficult to stop him. Assassin, much more fragile, much lighter, and primarily close range. Not that difficult for other classes to stop. That your random, low-skill teammates cannot deal with her before or after juice is the fault of the players, not the game.
  8. Grec

Grec New Member

omg bis are soooo hawt

Especially when they have an interest in linguistics. Also, a linguistics professor said that there is no language were a double positive makes a negative. I just thought "Ya, right..."

Also, as for the assassin's juice rate, it's fine enough as is.
  9. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

welcome to my opinion, the gameshow where i give out points, but they dont matter :roll: *whose line is it anyway?*

+100

someone finally got it. +150

+75 to the makers of mostly-alcoholic cough-syrup

i will just reward you +100 for the idea to make people get that the game isnt TDM, and multiply that by each inch of the aforementioned tiny apprenage.

well, i guess you get 0 points then. but the points dont matter, so your our winner tonight. see you all later on My Opinion!
  10. InsolubleFluff

InsolubleFluff New Member

I don't think there's anything really wrong with the assassin's juice.
    For a moment then I thought 'well, I suppose she does kill turrets quickly.' but then I remembered how painful it is to kill a 3.3 rock-it now that it's been made pro. It takes near enough a whole juice just to kill one of those bad boys.

She kills pros with ease, and so she should.
    She gains a bit too much perhaps using the sword, but it doesn't need dramatically changing, just small tweak.

See, the thing is; people don't protect their bots, the assassin goes and kills all the bots, gets juice, and then people wonder how she got juice again. If people were a bit more protective of their bots and not just going out to kill pros, I think the Assassin would have a hard time getting bot kills, let alone grapple kills.
  11. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

No, I think we should balance the game for everyone. Killing 5-6 groups of Bots isn't difficult when you play a class that can run and hide as easily as the Assassin, whether you play in a quick match or a private match.

Because it's drunkenly stumbled back on topic. Yay!

The Assassin can Juice maybe four times as fast as a Gunner. Is a juiced Gunner really four times better than a Juiced Assassin? You can't defend all your bots all the time - between kills and Bots dropping Juice cartons, a good Assassin will get Juice quickly, regardless of the quality of the opposite team.
  12. Einarath

Einarath New Member

I think this is a very good point. All it takes is a Gunner, an Assault, a Sniper with explosive rounds, a Tank, a Support, or another Assassin (i.e. anyone) to come and at least attempt to protect their bots, and juicing as an Assassin suddenly gets much harder (dependent on the Assassin's skill, and protector's skill and class of course). While it may not necessarily be completely feasible to protect all your bots (which makes sense, otherwise the game would never end), the juice spree-ing can be slowed down greatly.
  13. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

no offense sensitivepsycho, but yes, it is possible to protect your bots all the time with a good team.

if you have map control, even a small chunk of the center, then you can walk with bots and/or spray them with explosive rounds.

a team that does this is tournament level. they wont allow assassin juice shennanigans, if the assassin cant do anything but hit bots and juice, then they will lose horribly.

my opinion is the assassin needs slightly faster juicer than a heavy, all light classes need juice faster than a heavy.

that being said, maybe she needs a slightly slower juice rate, closer to the sniper's gain, or maybe even faster than the sniper but by just one blackjack.

the gunner's juice might not be 4x stronger, but it is definitely 3x stronger (1-2 mortars kills each turret, you can kill 3-4 lvl3.3 rokkits with a gunner juice, and a juiced gunner and tank pretty much cannot be killed with their juiced health).
  14. MojoTeq

MojoTeq New Member

:lol: NICE

I love you Sir. :lol: Dude, we need to group again, you had me dying laughing when we were grouped up a few months ago.