Monday Night Combat BETA Official Issue/Bug/Support

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by XShadowStormX, December 16, 2010.

1. Llamatron

Llamatron New Member

when someone types a < in the lobby chat it totally messes it too
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Try \< and see what happens. If < is a special character then chucking a backslash in front will usually tell the computer that it's for displaying and not formatting.

Mind you, if it's a markup then the above will do nothing.
  3. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

Found a small bug. Achievements do not get awarded when you play the game with your status set to Offline (I sometimes just don't want people to know I'm playing something, okay?) :p

And Pancake Master seems to be never awarded at all and I did quite a few pancakes (even have the tags for them, but no achievement).
  4. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We have cheevos turned off right now.
  5. roadkillgrill

roadkillgrill Active Member

You can bind a button to take screenshots but you can't use that button to take screenshots of the scoreboard :lol:

Need to add a way to do that :p
  6. grimbar

grimbar New Member

You can switch team when it is 6on6, scoreboard not designed for it and some inexperienced players may never notice.

Also request an uncap on the 90 frames per second online limit, 120hz refresh rate doesn't mix well.
  7. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

Release only a few days away, and I STILL can't get anyone to play Blitz with me!

Is it possible to host Blitz Dedicated servers running endless Sudden/Super Sudden Death? If not, either support for that and/or a fix is needed for listen servers badly, cos I still since day one can't get a game working for some of my friends, and trying to convince the rest to try is a brick wall since they just believe it won't work, when it probably won't.
  8. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

MikeyTWolf,

What exactly is broken with Blitz Listen servers? We're able to host them just fine as well as other players.
  9. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

Everyone else I try to invite just say they can't join, and they cant see my server in the Internet browser. If I ever see a Blitz server running I can join it but it seems for some reason the server just won't turn up for anyone else, even with port forwarding.

Nobody else will even try hosting Blitz for me to see if they can host because they all just say "Well it's broken so theres no point".

So effectively as far as I can tell, no-one in the UK at least can play Blitz online, the only servers I can find usually being east coast pings or Australia.

EDIT: Even then, when was the last time anyone had to setup their computer to host and play games properly? Asides from those with incredibly overzealous shitty 3rd party firewall and "security" apps that do nothing but leech all your system resources of course. Still, hosting should be easy and painless in-game, yet there's still problems trying to get anyone in to join and play (massive latency and performance issues aside).
  10. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

Had this too today.

Also my friend tried to host a blitz game, ports were forwarded but i could not join him, server had no response, but he was able to host blitz games in the past before the recent patch updates.
  11. Frib

Frib New Member

We also had trouble hosting a listen server a few hours ago. First my friend tried hosting and that didn't work, then I tried hosting and it didn't work either. When the beta just started, I could host just fine. I haven't hosted in between then and now, but none of my settings or anything changed and I checked the ports, so either I missed something or it's broken. Crossfire didn't work either now
  12. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

The ports changed. I don't know if you actually noticed that or not, but that makes a big difference.
  13. Frib

Frib New Member

Probably. I assumed I had the right ports opened still (7777 and 7778) because it shows 7777 when looking at the game info from a steam friend. If it's 27015 or something else now then yes I missed that.
  14. cEv

cEv New Member

in the latest patch my mouse disappears when i shift+tab 100% of the time. never happened in previous versions, doesn't happen in other games.
  15. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

Managed to join a blitz game, only to find out it says Super Sudden Death on the lobby, but it actually plays Playoff games since that's what the host set. Some confusion and annoying that someone playing online blitz would rather keep playing anything not infinite. Lol, where's the challenge?

Still really annoying though that some people can host fine, and others can't for some arbitrary reason.
  16. cEv

cEv New Member

sometimes spawning as gunner with 0 ammo loaded, so have to immediately reload. pretty sure that's not intentional, right?
  17. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

Happens with ALL classes if you need to reload and die mid-reload.

What's more annoying is this empties the clip of not just the weapon you were reloading, but your SECONDARY clip too.

e.g. Tank death blossoms -> Starts reload -> Is killed quickly before finishing -> On spawn tank now has to reload both Jet Gun AND Railgun.
  18. yoshen

yoshen New Member

ditto, blitz servers worked on night one... then just stopped that night after switching maps... never worked again.

What gives?