Nuke and commander death visual effect

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by wienerdog4life, January 25, 2014.

?

What do you think of the current nuke visual effect?

1. Keep it

9.5%
  2. Indifferent

4.8%
  3. Needs slight change

28.6%
  4. Needs an overhaul

57.1%
  1. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

Ever watched a starcraftmatch on twitch streamed by a profesional?
    ever noticed how they deliberately play on lowest grafic settings?
    In that case yeah some people DO care for such an option .... ...
    Do i care abot fx? ...... nope ..... do i mind that they are in? .... nope ....
    Is it bad to have an option to reduce fx to its barest and have no shadows so that weaker pc's also have a chance to somewhat run the game well? .... i don't think so
    Last edited: January 26, 2014
  2. ezahiel

ezahiel New Member

Depend what you mean professional - if people that just play game to win , then answer would be yes.
    Second answer would be only sometimes depend of what they like :p
    Well and one more thing. I do like to see all those funny FX when I play as I do play for fun only, don't bother whether I will win or loose as it's only a game and way to relax and have some laugh :)
  3. MrTBSC

its not about what they like .. its more about what they need or what they can handle ..
    The average casual gamer may like to have as much grafical fidelity as possible but that doesnt mean that his comp can always handle that
    The progamer on the other hand may rather want to be able to read what is going on no matter if zoomed in or out in that case too much fx would be hindering that ....
  4. wienerdog4life

wienerdog4life Active Member

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This forum could do better to read what has been written than to go off of their own assumptions.
    husbandinlaw and cmdandy like this.
  5. MrTBSC

The forum could also do better with questions that just get straight to the point on topics that dont need much explanation ...

Like "hey i dont like our tiny puffy beta/firstpass nukesplosion, what do you think could make the current nukeexplosion look better? "
    mered4 likes this.
  6. wienerdog4life

wienerdog4life Active Member

Wait. Did you come on to a forum and not expect to do some reading?
    husbandinlaw likes this.
  7. MrTBSC

I did, but Did you?
  8. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

It will probably always look a little puffy and cartoony, as this is the art style for the game. We won't (and should not) ever get Hollywood effects here, but they could definitely put more into it.

It could be cool if commanders started sparking and popping a little right before they go nuclear. These are all robots. I want to watch their circuits overload and explode one at a time!
  9. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

The current explosion effects don't strike me as "powerful". If there is certain games that captured a good quality explosion with good sound effects is world in conflict nukes.

10. MrTBSC

visualy quite good but i dont like that shreeking sound ...
    soundwise the pa nuke is solid imo