Missile silo.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ace902902, January 26, 2014.

1. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

Im sorry but I still find nukes mind numbingly boring. A tractor beam that pulls small comets or meteors or something would be more interesting than nukes. If we get the option to disable nukes for our games, ill be happy.
    Last edited: January 26, 2014
  2. ezahiel

ezahiel New Member

Interesting indeed :) But if they would explode on silos destruction - building it self should be way stronger not to be taken as easy boom boom target but a tactical action of pis... off our foe :D
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

icons help with that
    fdc.jpg
    Last edited: January 26, 2014
  4. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

This minus fragile nukes. Also all strategies are viable including turtling. Let's keep options open.;)
  5. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

I agree. I think the silo idea is cool but if nuke launchers where huge buildings(like orbital factories) with giant missiles they would be alot cooler.
  6. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I don't see the need.

Just adds complexity for complexity's sake.
  7. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Flashy lights!
  8. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Yeah! Like a Tron-esque light scheme!
    Can you imagine your tanks as Tron tanks? Your missiles being glow in the dark monsters?

Wait, I just came up with the best mod ever! TRON PA.

AWESOME.
    websterx01 likes this.
  9. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a low-poly mod that replaces all the models with vector graphic art for better FPS. I would be worried about it being adopted by everyone for maximum latency, though.

Edit: On topic, nuke silos exploding would be really, really bad. I could see power gens dealing minor AoE damage (enough to kill, say, a dox) on death as a thing.
  10. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I never liked the explosive side effect.

Its just annoying in my book. It forces you to keep things vulnerable to attack to minimize the damage to your production.

Its like saying "HEY YOU! We have this REALLY AWESOME HANDHELD PHONE CHARGER. It charges your phone in MINUTES. It has the side effect of exploding like a grenade if you drop it. ISNT THAT AWESOME??????*

Yeah.

:(
    websterx01 likes this.
  11. lokiCML

"I would be worried about it being adopted by everyone for maximum latency, though."
    @leadfootslim, Not really sure how will that would affect network performance.:confused:
  12. LeadfootSlim

Well, I'm naturally wary of mods in competitive games. As an example, if you let Starcraft 2 players tweak the game's graphics with mods, you'd have players that would reskin all enemy units to a bright, impossible-to-sneak-by-you pink, or something of that nature.
  13. lokiCML

Well, modability is one of the three pillars of this game. Network performance with only be effected if Uber allows mods to communicate over the network. As for your example the mods would only affect the server and client that they're on. Now for competitive play if you mean like e-sports PA isn't really being designed for that. Still not really sure what you meant?
  14. LeadfootSlim

My main point is that if certain players are too competitive, and mods can grant a competitive advantage - such as by allowing their computer to run the game faster - then it could be detrimental as the game devolves into a war of the mods and the mod-nots.

Obviously, PA is too cool for esports. But it may still attract the kind of player who'd cheat to win. Whether or not any mods will enable this has yet to be seen.
  15. lokiCML

Unless specified or agreed upon such as gentleman's ladder or tournament rules all is fair in love and war.;)