Planet Naming

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by hmstryx, January 25, 2014.

1. hmstryx

hmstryx New Member

Just finished launching the Trio tablet in the USA. Bloody tired now. Seems like a year since I asked this, but - what's the word on when we get to name those planets (2)?

I don't like getting so busy with work that I might miss a naming ceremony (like I almost did with Mechwarrior Online) and end up getting cut out of benefits paid for. Have not gotten an email from Uber in awhile either. Getting worried if this project is stalling.
    Tontow likes this.
  2. rippsblack

rippsblack Member

To be honest with you I think getting the features of the game ready is more of a priority than planet naming, that's probably last on their todo list I'm afraid. Having said that it will probably be 'soon' as the release date is planned for early this year (or so they say :eek:)
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

If I remember correctly the the selection of your name should have happened in some sort of finalization mail quite a while ago. Can't remember the details anymore. The current planet names are already made by some of the backers, but not all of them. More will be added once Uber has a bit of spare time I guess.
    corteks likes this.
  4. Ringworm

Ringworm Active Member

I got my email in October 2012.
    corteks likes this.
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I don't know about naming (I didn't have the spare cash to pledge at that level) but I can assure you that development hasn't stalled! Take a look at some of the latest Vids, all sorts of new stuff is going in at the moment- new units, improved models, new weapon effects and even some new abilities + tons of balance tweaks.

The devs have even stated they have a first pass of the GW working, although we've not been shown anything yet. Exciting times!
  6. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

I never received an email about naming planets. I have been wondering about this as well.
    I did prefund at the $90 level and according to the $90 package description on the Uber Store I will be allowed to name a planet.

It would be nice to see this, albeit, trivial question addressed officially. I have a great name picked out and I would love for you guys to see it pop up sometime.
  7. Ringworm

Ringworm Active Member

I'm sure that Uber will make everyone aware when "planet-naming" goes live into the game, with a reminder
    that some people may have forgotten to supply names, or had missing emails. If you've paid for the right, Uber
    won't shortchange you. In my experience, they have been very loyal to their backers...
    rippsblack likes this.