LAN doesn't work

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Freddold, January 24, 2014.

1. Freddold

Freddold New Member

I tried to play this game LAN with my brother but couldn't. Normally with steam games, if you go into offline mode you can play LAN with two of the same account but when one of us gets into a game, the other is kicked because of the in-game log-in.
    This means that if we want to play it together we both have to buy a copy, so $120 all up, which isn't going to happen.
    I also think that this will encourage people to pirate the game because they want to play LAN but don't want to buy 2 copies.
    This also means that the game is unplayable in offline mode, which would be annoying for some people.

This will be an awesome game but it would be good to be able to play it together.
  2. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Offline play will be available after release otherwise the game would be pirated before it's even released and lose out on sales. The game can't be pirated at the moment because you have to connect to Uber's servers.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  3. piquedram

piquedram New Member

Fred, LAN games are not implemented yet. For LAN games later you'll be able to run your own server and just connect that way, no need to log in. As long as you want to play on Uber's servers, you'll need an account per player.
  4. Freddold

Freddold New Member

Awesome, thanks
  5. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Yup, what they said. :)
    The game will be DRM-free upon release of the Retail version and allow for offline LAN play. As the game is still in Beta, we require a connection to our servers.
    spicyquesidilla likes this.
  6. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

LAN is implemented, but requires the server executable.
    Methlodis and maxpowerz like this.
  7. Daddie

Daddie Member

I already bought 4 port 1GB NIC so I can team the NIC and have 4GB connection.. must be enough I guess :D