Anime/Manga

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Xx Tikki xX, December 11, 2010.

1. arseface

arseface Post Master General

I still haven't seen Space Dandy. I'll probably get around to it next week sometime.

Seen them all, it's kinda neat.

The fights, when they happen, are awesome though. I wasn't really into the characters and the story revolved around them.

As far as "must watch" is concerned it depends on your taste and what all you've seen. And are you looking for current stuff, older stuff, movies, shows, fanservice, dark and edgy?
  2. zoommmmm11

zoommmmm11 New Member

Everything you just listed minus the fan service, I don't mind it but sometimes I think it subtracts from the plot. Anything that you think has a great story line is what i'd like to hear.
  3. patema

patema Active Member

Billych is shit.
  4. arseface

If you're that open to things then sort by score descending on the stuff I've finished and take your pick
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/arseface&show=0&order=4

Avoid Eve no Jikan, Kurenai no Buta, and Seikai no Monshou unless you like slower paced things. I'd use the english names, but copy/paste is easier. Kiki's Delivery Service is slow, but still the best.
  5. totallynotzoom

totallynotzoom Member

6. arseface

7. patema

patema Active Member

Bible Black was alright.
  8. zoommmmm11

zoommmmm11 New Member

Thanks for the list, that had some interesting looking stuff on it, I think right now I need to finish the stuff i'm currently watching and then I can start on some newer stuff.
  9. patema

patema Active Member

Yo Landon, try Kara no Kyoukai.

10. infinitycanvas

infinitycanvas Well-Known Member

Kill la Kill is alright.
  11. arseface

Saw the first episode of Space Dandy today. Doesn't seem like my kinda thing. If it gets some direction down the line tell me, but for now I'm considering it dropped.

I don't usually drop things first episode because it usually takes time to ramp things up, but this start gave the impression of trying really hard to hook people off the bat.
  12. NegimaSonic

NegimaSonic Active Member

Well it was made by a lot of big names including people behind Cowboy Bebop, even if it isn't starting off great, I expect them to go somewhere with it (I haven't watched it, just talking out my-)

Anyway, I was busy finishing up Fall stuff first, I'm kind of waiting to see what other people think of Winter shows. So I'm sticking with continuing fall shows like Kill la Kill, Nagi no Asukara, Golden Time, etc.
    With two exceptions, one being Sakura Trick because I've been waiting for a new yuri to come along, and after watching Free, I deserve to be spoiled.
    And ImoCho (long name, "Recently My sister is Unusual"), it's bad. But I'll watch it. I read some of the manga beforehand months ago and would recommend that over this to be honest because they're kind of being silly on the censorship, whether it is to sell blu-rays or not, it's kind of annoying when nothing really "bad" is going on.

I do have my eye on Noragami, Nisekoi, D-frag, Space Dandy, and Nobungun(?) as potential winter pick ups.
    Gin no Saji 2 will be watched as a continuation, but no hurry on that.
    Tonari no Seki-kun and Strange+ are things I don't know whether I'm dropping or continuing, they're short shows < 10 minutes, so I don't really care about them either way.
    Pupa...I think I'll wait for people to translate the blu-rays. Or at the very least wait for the show to finish airing. 3 minutes a week just isn't going to work for me.
  13. patema

patema Active Member

14. NegimaSonic

in other news, your sig is dead now lol
  15. arseface

Got halfway through the second episode of wizard lawyers before I couldn't take it anymore.
  16. NegimaSonic

Wizard Barristers I guess? I didn't watch that or really check into opinions of it so I don't really have a comment :T

I saw the second OVA of Suisei no Gargantia today, it was alright, expanded on what the captain was doing before he died and stuff. But because it wasn't about the Gargantia crew, I kind of didn't care about any of the other characters.
  17. totallynotzoom

totallynotzoom Member

18. zoommmmm11

zoommmmm11 New Member

Just to let everyone know, those of you who like Sword Art Online, i've recently stumbled upon a currently airing series called "Log Horizon" it has a similar concept to SAO and i'm throughly enjoying it. I recommend it to anyone who likes SAO. Enjoy :)
  19. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I need to rewatch that.
    cptconundrum, reptarking and patema like this.
  20. arseface

I've been following Log Horizon, it's pretty neat.