Sound menu?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by NeLoDK, January 14, 2011.

1. NeLoDK

NeLoDK New Member

I'm not trying to spam the forum btw :)

We'll my new request is a sound menu, I tried fiffling with the console, but it didn't work. So if there was a Sound Menu, it would make this game perfect :D I love it.
  2. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Bindings=(Name="P",Command="modifysoundclass announcer vol=0 | modifysoundclass music vol=0 | modifysoundclass pitgirl vol=0 | modifysoundclass crowd vol=0 | modifysoundclass ambient vol=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
  3. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

To disable/enable what.

Sound menu isn't clarifying what you want exactly. :roll:
  4. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

He's probably just wanting to be able to independently adjust volumes of Micky, music, sound effects, etc. At least, that's what I'd imagine he wants to do :?:
  5. NeLoDK

NeLoDK New Member

Yeah like every other game has.

And all that code, what File am I gonna have to put that into? I don't even know how to open the console in this game.
  6. grimbar

grimbar New Member

hostileinput.ini

If you can't open the console I can't recommend that you fiddle with the .inis
  7. NeLoDK

NeLoDK New Member

Is it the file in the steam folder? or the file in the folder in My Documents->Unreal Tournament?

And in that file, what categori am I gonna put the code into?
  8. NeLoDK

NeLoDK New Member

Let me clarify what I mean by sound menu.

[​IMG]

This is from battlefield, as you guys see there is an option for sound, music, and dialogue.

I'm not saying I don't want to listen to Mickey, or Pitgirl, but at times it gets annoying hearing my mom called to say that I gotta upgrade my skills, the second I just got to 400 cash.
  9. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

I thought it would be considered more essential putting Microphone Receive and Send volumes, as well as some kind of way to do an echo test to see if your mic is working at all in the first place.

I also noticed UT3 practicaly didn't even bother with this, and UT2K4 gave you these options, even though it was still pretty dodgy trying to get it to work (Host can't use VoIP on a listen server annoyingly, also present in UT3).
  10. Cedar Tree

Cedar Tree New Member

I support this thread. I would love to be able to turn off the menu music without turning off the sound for the whole game.
  11. NeLoDK

NeLoDK New Member

Thank you Cedar ;)

Not to call myself a programmer, but since they all ready have an option to turn it off trough console(which I still don't know how to do) it shouldn't be a lot of coding to implement a sound menu, but what do I know. I love the game, but this would be icing on the cake :D I hope they read this thread.
  12. NeLoDK

NeLoDK New Member

Thanks for making a sound menu Uberent :D!!!!