Private Match Community 2014: did we really make it this far?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by teapot, January 13, 2014.

1. notgunked

notgunked Active Member

To put it bluntly, people dont like you. They find your attitude and personality repulsive and would much rather watch miley cyrus's wrecking ball 500 times than listen to your voice. That and 20 people (max) watch MNC. Say what you want, "I **** on anyone i want" or "Im the best people should watch my videos and learn" but Youtube is a popularity thing you should know that. I dont even play the game anymore and that was pretty obvious to see.
    motherfknskill likes this.
  2. xshammas

xshammas Well-Known Member

I don't ever do that in my videos. I've done quite a bit more in the past few months to help the community than anyone else in terms of skill level and gameplay, and it just doesn't make sense how you guys are saying people should ask for tips when this information is all available. And to put it bluntly, people shouldn't be taking tips from anyone other than myself out of people who still play the game.
    There's a time to coddle people and there's a time to actually try and better yourself. Go ahead and point out what people don't like about me or the way I give criticism.
  3. notgunked

notgunked Active Member

I completely agree that people shouldn't be babied and should be stomped into the ground till they learn how to get up on their own but again the majority dont like that and the majority of people dont watch your videos.
  4. xshammas

Getting stomped won't show you anything. Take in the knowledge first, then apply it to what you're doing. That's how anything works. If you're over the age of 2, this is what you do on a daily basis. Why is it so hard to apply this to MNC?
  5. purplescratchy

purplescratchy Well-Known Member

You're a loser.
  6. xshammas

I won a lot of Ubies for a loser.
  7. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

Ya'll losers Ubie check me virgins. I'm going to go order a stuffed crust smelly pizza.
  8. xshammas

9. notgunkedcontrol

Yah just got back from los loco locals pizza parlor for pros. I think they gave me something extra in the stuffed crust though... must be my imagination.
  10. xshammas

That place sucks, they're only open at 4:20.
  11. notgunkedcontrol

[​IMG]
    Pic for reference. Are the green leaves okay to eat or did they slip me some of their southern smell secret stash?
  12. xshammas

Well they do look just like weed. That definitely is weed.
  13. notgunkedcontrol

2late (skill laugh)
  14. frank fotaine

frank fotaine Member

Gunked actually hit part of the point I was trying to hint at. Part of it has to do with personality, as I've shared in the past I felt like the way you approached things wasn't the appropriate way of doing it. You mentioned quite a few times in the past few weeks about how your hints were being ignored. I think that part of it has to do with the way you marketed yourself during your last adventure in MNC. I found that many of your videos were over the top in you trying to boost your ego(I could go into small details if you want). To me it felt like you were just trying to make a statement instead of going the whole 9 yards in progressing competitive play, although don't get me wrong I found a lot of value in your vids, but from my perspective I thought that it could be easily mistaken for something else. I actually agree with gunked in the fact that you won't get better unless you get stomped. I have always believed that the only way to improve was to find someone better than yourself, as a matter of fact the only reason I even got interested in privates was so that I could measure myself against H&S and be around you guys. And you're absolutely right there is a time to coddle and a time to take action but that doesnt necessarily mean you can't do it passively.

"And to put it bluntly, people shouldn't be taking tips from anyone other than myself out of people who still play the game." I'll take this sentence for example, this is kinda what I mean when I say you're doing things wrong. This is obviously a hyperbole. Although I won't blame you because gunked sorta attacked you.

It's somewhat a game of trial and error in my opinion, which is why I was a little let down that you stopped playing MNC to begin with. You were making definite progress, much more so than people previously I just thought there was a better way of doing it. Then again I think my outlook on things is very different from your average player. I come from the Bioshock community so there is a different method that I use when handling things like this. Although its sort of easy for me to sit back and say these things considering I've literally had no impact on the game and am not a good player. Hindsight is 20-20 as they say.

Although I do believe a lot of progress has been made in competitive mnc than what I recall. As I've told top tier players (you remember teapot) that perhaps people are expecting too much? There are tiers for a reason. Skill caps and such, people become some of the best for the intangibles and its a little too much to expect others GOATS to just appear out of nowhere, but whats entirely possible is to make progress.
  15. joker

joker Active Member

People who want to get better at MNC will get better. People who don't really care and play for the sake of playing may improve at a slower rate or not at all. Certain people have a higher skill cap and learning ability than others based on past gaming experience. That's really it in a nutshell

Point of reference worth making though, none of the better players (common people picked earlier than others) were ever showed mercy

If you want to just fill lobbies then go about it whatever means seem most fit, if you want to breed better players they need to take their lumps from the vets
    frank fotaine likes this.
  16. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Shammas was kind of unpleasant for a while there. Then he went to play some CoD. When he came back, he was much more fun to be in a game with. Sure, he still rips on you when you **** up, but he will also remember to throw out a compliment or two when you do something right. I think a lot of people still remember when he went full no-mercy and have not noticed the adjustments he has made. That, or they are still butt hurt about it. I would say that in terms of being around, he has improved a ton.
    Last edited: January 21, 2014
  17. xshammas

I think most people take my trash talk too seriously.
  18. teapot

teapot Post Master General

As far as people taking a beating to learn, it's not the best way to go about it until they have a solid foundation of what to do, and the desire to improve beyond that. What shooters have you played gunked where you've experienced that and figured that was best? That's the type of mindset I contribute to selfishness. You do nothing at all to help the players other than pad your stats and feel good about doing good against someone bad. It's pretty dumb just how many people have this mentality.

There are some players with the desire to improve. Only a handful said it but I think more are interested. I think a lot of the top tier players that get picked are there because they weren't babied, but also because they played the game for about 3 years, and about 2 of those years are private matches. Just about everyone I talk to forgets that some players don't have 1/10th of the time invested into the game as other top players.

Don't get me wrong, cause they're not exactly getting babied. Ask people how I've been raging at my team in PM's lately trying to get them to do the right thing. Even I get carried away and realize I need more constructive criticism rather than just disapproval of a situation. That's something I have rarely ever seen happen out of the vets over the course of the years.

@Shammas, maybe people take it too serious, or maybe you just talk trash too much. You have to admit a high percentage of what you say is trash talk. Even in some of those shadowrun videos you're talking trash while going up against nobody special. The forum posts are mostly trash talk, the commentaries contain bits of trash talk etc. You asked people to point out what it is and frank did a pretty good job to explaining it to you, and for all I know you didn't even read it. I remember when I said something in the past most of the responses have never really addressed the specifics in my post.
  19. xshammas

Trash talking is part of any game, I don't know how you can play and not get hyped.
  20. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Where did I say that?

Just curious why do you get so "hyped" when you know you're playing against bad people? Why do you try to "hype" your team by saying they have no brains etc? You're right though the majority of people can just be misinterpreting those kind words of yours.