Interplanetary Nuke suggestion

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by kagaku, January 19, 2014.

1. kagaku

kagaku New Member

After playing a game where late game interplanetary nukes made for some interesting battles I really noticed how difficult it is to actually fire a nuke from another planet (in this case, a moon to it's parent planet, in a 5 planet system).

Would it be possible to add some sort of always up "nuke" button once a nuke launcher is built? This way, no matter what planet I'm on I always have access to easily fire a nuke. For multiple launchers and / or launchers on multiple planets, perhaps there could be logic to select the closest nuke launcher when firing a nuke? Players that want fine grained control could still manually click on a launcher and manually target it.

Thoughts?
    miturian likes this.
  2. rippsblack

rippsblack Member

Like an Idle Nuke Launcher button? Similar to the idle engineer / commander buttons from SupCom ?
  3. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

Use numbered groups?
  4. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

I think the orbital interface does needs some improvements. Number groups do work, but they add to the micro....and you only have 10. You'll want them for armies, teleporters, nukes....so this becomes a problem.

I like the idea of clicking on a planet...and having a button lets you fire a nuke in theory. The problem there is how do you know which one of your nuke platforms you are selecting? Selecting them all wouldn't be good...you could cycle through them some how maybe.

Hopefully with the interface redo they address this and other issues. We obviously need more than one kind of UI. We need one for planet battles, orbital battles on one planet....and then system battles.....so really we have 3 layers we need to be able to control and do things in easily.
    rippsblack likes this.
  5. c4ptainpronin

c4ptainpronin Active Member

I'd like to see an option to always fire one nuke at once, no matter how many launchers you have selected.
    Would make late game interplanetary nuke wars a lot smoother, especialy when the framerate is going down and selecting and grouping individual nuke launchers becomes a pain in the ***.
  6. Avaruusmurkku

Avaruusmurkku New Member

A drop-down menu on the UI that allows you to see all of your nuke launchers sorted by planet and then just select one or more and then click the target would be a lot smoother than the current system.
    rippsblack likes this.