A tournament to celebrate the first patch of 2014 - Such prize! Saturday 18th Jan!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cwarner7264, January 16, 2014.

1. acey195

acey195 Member

Can anyone link to recordings of the matches, especially the final and semi finals? If they exist, I suggest adding them to the first post as well.
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

BrianPurkiss has said he's going to do this on pamatches.com over the next few days :)
  3. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

The final (streamed by Rofl and Recorded by myself) will certainly be going up in the next couple of days. Stay tuned for that! :D
  4. omgdude177

omgdude177 New Member

These are only for videos out right now and who also got the finals and semi-finals

http://www.twitch.tv/omgdude177/profile/pastBroadcasts
    http://www.twitch.tv/oathalliance/profile/pastBroadcasts
    http://www.twitch.tv/zaphodx1/profile/pastBroadcasts

one of the semi-finals and the finals dual casted by oathalliance and me

Last edited: February 2, 2014
    Arachnis and shootall like this.
  5. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

I'll be putting up all the matches I casted starting tomorrow and throughout the week.
    shootall likes this.
  6. wpmarshall

and twitch.tv/masterofroflnes
  7. omgdude177

omgdude177 New Member

ahh my bad, I tried looking for it but couldnt find it :(. So yea and masterofroflnes
  8. metabolical

metabolical Uber Alumni

9. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

That was quick!
  10. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

i was forced to face the almighty godde right out the gate.......

next tourney no comm rush though please!!! just as bad as the old wall exploit
  11. elitedanzel

elitedanzel Active Member

Wow that final was tense! Amazing play from both Godde and Matiz!
  12. nickbel

nickbel New Member

Thank you for organizing this tournament, I really enjoyed it. :)

I think we should have a tournament like this every month, free for everyone to join and test their skills. There doesn't have to be a prize. But that would make it more interesting.

Maybe someone wants to comment on this and tell what his/her opinion is.
  13. wpmarshall

I think a quarterly tournament or tournament per 'big patch' would be better?
  14. wpmarshall

FSN1977 likes this.
  15. evilOlive

evilOlive Member

My favorite concept would be a fully dedicated site for ranked matching, large scale tournaments once a quarter with an annual "world series" so to speak. Separate divisions for team and 1v1 play. Big prizes.

If something like this gets going, I'd be willing to support it either financially (small prize contributions), technically (Java/html) or both.

I really had a lot of fun participating yesterday, and even though it was rather chaotic at times, I think it's worthwhile to point out that this was a collective effort on the part of a number of dedicated site members, including CWarner, WPMarshall, BrianPurkiss, TheOathAlliance, MasterofRoflness, and a slew of casters, fans, and of course, all our competitors.

I want to give my thanks for the opportunity to participate, and to contribute to the overall effort to make it happen. I had a blast. It really made my Saturday. :)

Special thanks to CWarner for suggesting it and setting up the spreadsheet and brackets, setting up the rules, and coordinating all the TO's. Special thanks also to Marshall who did a fantastic job stepping in to run the show for CWarner when unexpected life stuff came up and he needed someone to count on to do a great job. He definitely rose to the challenges, and there were several!

The PA E-sports scene is obviously gonna be a big, big deal. This is the time to get a grassroots team together that can create the best online site for PA matches, earning ones way through the ranks, and a chance to compete in massive, international tournaments with big payoffs and lots of public exposure via the massive casting scene.

If anyone can do it, it's you guys!

For those who are wondering, I'll be posting at least the games I streamed exclusively. I'm sorry there's no commentary. I've been schooled that drooling on myself would be better than saying nothing. :) In the future, I'll buy a headset with a mic and I'll discuss things that will leave all of you wishing you didn't have ears. That'll show you. :p

Thanks again to everyone involved in this. It was a great deal of fun! If someone puts together a central site for driving the PA e-Sports tournament machine, holler at me. I'd like to get involved somehow.
  16. MindALot

MindALot Member

I'm so bummed that I wasn't able to cast this tourny.. hopefully in a few months things will change and I can do more on the weekends.
  17. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I am playing around with the idea of putting an automatching system on PA Stats. It currently has a lot of active users and I could make it that all those users just suddenly have a "play 1v1 now" button. However I am still lacking resolve to start it again, my last try died horribly to no users, since I was lacking any userbase back then. Hopefully the existing userbase likes 1v1. Also getting the automatching mod into PA in itself is not easy and adding an extra ladder is work to do as well.
    cptconundrum and lapsedpacifist like this.
  18. evilOlive

evilOlive Member

If your current work is any indication, you're definitely up to the task.
  19. evilOlive

evilOlive Member

And without further ado, here's the matches I streamed exclusively, since no one else will have these to put up along with their very enlightening commentary:

iron420 and cwarner7264 like this.
  20. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Looked like a really fun tourney, the final was a brilliant game to watch. Tense until the last second!

I'm going to try and invest a bit more time in PA, as I feel like I COULD be pretty good with some more practice, so look out for me at the next one ;)

Also @cola_colin that sounds brilliant, do it please