I know I have posted this before

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by freemanj, January 17, 2014.

1. freemanj

freemanj New Member

But it hasn't been fixed yet, I was hoping it would when this build came out. Every time I create a system in the system creator, no matter how I set a planets orbit, it will change when I start a game. EVERY TIME. I'm not talking about an elliptical orbit, or something strange like that, I mean a perfectly circular orbit, going around a planet, of any type, will say screw you to the planet, and begin orbiting the sun. No matter what. If it is in a super close orbit to the planet and behind it, it'll just start chasing the planet through the whole game. If it was next to the planet, on a wider orbit, it'll eventually fall behind. There is no sort of orbiting celestial bodies of any sort other than going around the sun. I have reported this bug, at least a minimum of 3 to 4 weeks ago on the specific bug reporting site, but again, nothing whatsoever. I am really, really bored of playing on other peoples' systems and the basic 2 planet systems that the game generates (which reset their orbits also) WTF is going on.
  2. ghost1107

ghost1107 Active Member

I don't know if it's relevant but your starting planet can't be a moon. If you do try to start on a moon it's orbit will automaticly change to one around the sun.

Also you might want to check the mass of the planets a moon will only orbit a planet that is heavier.
  3. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Oh.

That's disappointing. That explains some.
  4. freemanj

freemanj New Member

Well, I don't typically use moons to do it, but i have tried and it doesn't work either way... And I usually make sure the mass of the center planet is greatest, usually by a large amount (at least 500- 600 more than the moon or moons) I have tried such a large combination of different planets and moons, sizes, amount of orbiting bodies, masses, biomes, distances from the sun, distances from the planet being orbited, where the center planet is located at the start. I mean I have tried EVERYTHING. I have had this issue about as long as I have had the actual game also, which is almost 2 months now
  5. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Can you compile a screen shot album of the system you want to create please?
    I'll try recreate it exactly
  6. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

It's sketchy as hell based on how many planets you have and what order you added them, and where they are placed in orbit. In general each new planet tends to orbit in the opposite direction to the previous, irrespective of any changes you make to orbit direction.
  7. freemanj

freemanj New Member

I could do a screen shot, but this happens with any kind of system in any form. I can play systems online that other people have made, those ones behave normally. But only if I am playing with them. As soon as i try to load it up and play, people or AI, it'll do its own thing. I have had maybe 1 game at any point in time where what I personally made is what I play on. I mean, I have sat next to my brother and assembled the exact same systems before as him, over and over. his work, mine does not. I'll compile an album later to show, but really, it can be anything I make.