The top assault guys

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by IPUR3 EVIL, January 13, 2011.

1. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

Hey IPureEvil, having played against your assault the last couple of days I'd say the weaknesses in your style are that you're a little too defensive. You sometimes retreat when you most likely would have killed me in a face-off. You don't make as much use of bombs as you could. And you are maybe a little less mobile than you should be, as in I'll often find you in the same area of the level and can plan how to approach from a different direction or whatever.

Having said that, I'm comparing you to some of the game's top assault players. I had the "pleasure" of playing against kckzi the other day and he was just all over the level. Constantly moving and jumping, and as soon as I saw him a bomb would be landing either on or behind me. And he always knew when to chase after me and finish me off with the AR, or when to retreat.

You're still hard to play against and can be frustrating and distracting, so maybe some of these observations are just your playstyle.

Anyway, hope you take these comments as they're intended. Objective feedback and not me trying to diss you. GGs last night btw. You, Amaze Theory and that high ranked guy whose name I've forgotten played well together. I was cursing every time I saw you all appear on the same team again :)
  2. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

Yeah thanks gg to you too, honestly i just couldnt be arsed last night, i knew i had good snipers on the team so i just held left or right. When we played grenade 3 i managed to hold off both the tanks a support and a gunner and move bots in to take the ball, i will play either killer or just hold ground.

Normally when ive had more than 2 hours sleep i will be all over the map, but i do remember last night i just sat back on spunky as i couldnt really be bothered playing.

Hopefully i will give you a better game if i see you tonight mate.
  3. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

Oh an if i back off its because you were not the only threat theres only so many shots from a gunner an a shotgun i can take at the same time. Id rather back off an save having to respawn, especially when we have control of the whole map.
  4. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

Yeah fair enough. And there's no need to play full on and go out of your way to slay me if I'm on tonight, honest! :)

I have to stop playing as Gunner. He's fun but not great against decent players. There were times where I could barely get out the spawn last night on GrenIII, with you and the snipers.

Maybe it's time I tried Assault too. I've always been bad with him. Anyway, might see you on there late UK time.
  5. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

Yeah cool man.
  6. Grec

Grec New Member

I chose bronze crits for the extra damage from crits and juice runs, not the increased chance of getting one.
  7. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

Who seriously needs extra damage while juiced?
  8. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

You only get extra damage for when the crits stack. So when you're juiced, 1% of your shots will be a bit more powerful. Which basically means an extra half an AR magazine, if you're lucky.

Of course, if you're using your rifle, it means you're attacking pros, who die absurdly fast anyway.
  9. Grec

Grec New Member

They die faster, and when I play assault I'm normally the main Slayer anyways.

Also with RoF gold the chance to get a crit is even higher.
  10. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

I really only notice a difference with criticals if it's on gold or if you're a gunner.
  11. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

This would be semi-true, if there wasn't a framerate cap.
  12. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

13. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

Pro Assault here:

My build is Skill/Armor/(RoF/Crit/Clip/Speed) depending on the map/player combination I will exchange out the bronze.

Bronze does matter and you will never understand my build until I show you a video of my play style.
  14. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

15. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

When you're juiced, all of your shots are critical shots. The critical shot endorsement not only increases your chance of criticals, it increases the damage that criticals do. So bronze critical shot does actually increase your damage while juiced. But not enough to justify it, in my opinion. Unless you're Xeno and can run whatever and still beat the living tar out of everyone.
  16. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

I did try to watch that video but it was pure lag fest. If you know of anymore that dont lag i will gladly watch them, thanks Stretch.
  17. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

That's not the player, it's the video. That's how the broadcasted/recorded it. It was meant to be a joke. Although if you click their username there are a few more videos. If anything watch the one when Stackhouse was there, that was great. Anyways, yeah it's just the first 2 videos that are really laggy. lol
  18. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I went 28-15-5 with Armor/RoF/Clip.
  19. DDM

DDM New Member

Hmmm... I not that good as an assault but I would say.
    Armor is good in gold and silver, bronze does not add enough
    rate of fire my favorite is silver but it is at least for me a must have somewhere
    acc due to the high damage drop of at range i don't recommend gold but, it is very good it the other spots.
    crit i don't use enough don't like chance
    skill recovery good in all spots and really depends how much you use skills (high skill recovery is not great early on but lat game with upgraded skills it is great)

reload the assault reloads super fast as is.
    clip size is great in bronze since it gives just that little extra to kill the heavies but it is wasteful at higher levels.
    speed a you have fly b you have charge c you pick up speed boost from all the people you kill (there are better things)
    can't comment on the others don't really use them.

actual builds I've used and worked well armor/acc/rate of fire.... armor/rate of fire/ skill... rate of fire/armor/clip... armor/ rate of fire/ acc... skill/armor/rate of firer.... there are many others.
  20. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

RoF/armor/Acc

RoF might be 'capped' at silver but I certainly never seem to notice that cap. Besides, the grenade launcher being as fast as possible is a great help for distant enemies and keeping bots suppressed when you aren't in range of enemy pros. Always keep firing.