Read this before you ask for game/balance changes

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by ObiFett, January 20, 2011.

1. SAINTofSINS

SAINTofSINS New Member

I'm fine with most of what the Assault does (being on the receiving end of most of this as I rarely touch Assault myself), but the bomb can be, and usually is, his biggest asset to change the momentum of a losing fight because it's just so easily spammable. Personally, I feel that needs some sort of change to limit the truly overall effectiveness of the Assault to where he isn't as painstakingly annoying to kill.

I really can't agree with this. Yes, it can be problematic in the hands of a good and smart player, but I don't see the issue being with the mechanic so much as the approach players use it for.

Juice should be a nice, quick, evaporating buff to make killing Pro's, turrets, and bots easier. I think changing up the makeup of this idea almost makes the mechanic not as useful in swinging momentum and more like a health-pack pick-up to get you out of bad jams.

But that's just my take on it. I just don't see a reason to limit or even nerf Juice, honestly.
  2. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Umm, people constantly used the 3 win classes (Sniper, Support, Assassin) when this game originally came out?

The game isn't fun if its just war of the juice-whores. Limit it more, so then its only useful against a turtle team, not against... you know, anyone and everyone.

juice > turtles, i understand... but
    juice > map control
    juice > teamwork
    juice > base full of turrets
    juice > full health of the moneyball
    juice > having actual skill...

And Assaults could use no more than a 20% longer cooldown timer on his bomb, OR the timer to start after the detonation of his previous bomb. Not both. And no damage drop on the assault rifle, that's fine as it is.
  3. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

Any Tank worth his beard knows how to deal with Juice. Charge 3 + Railgun Grapple = Glowing UFO shaped like a MNC Pro.
  4. SAINTofSINS

SAINTofSINS New Member

But your first argument is against juice-whoring - that seems to be the main gripe so why should juice, overall, take a hit on how people abuse it? If anything, nerf all classes ability to earn juice as quickly? Or maybe limit both juice machines to be used by one team after one has already been used by a teammate?

I don't see it as being that abusive to overtake all of those scenarios, unless you're marking down 2-3 players who have juiced at the same time - at which point of course you're going to get crushed, regardless of the scenario, if that many players start pushing back while juiced.
  5. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

Upgraded gunner grapple damage?!?!?!?!?!?!?

[​IMG]
  6. Ian

Ian New Member

I wonder how true this is. I'd have imagined that they're reducing the damage from level 2, and leaving level 3 as is
  7. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

They're making it so powerful that if you somehow survive it, you'll wish you hadn't.
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Sorry tl;dr well not all of it. I think I can comment best of the "nerfs" since I played MNC since August and seen all of the changes , also have played the PC version.

For the adjustments the only one that is not going to be added is "Added a cooldown bar in the HUD to reflect the status of Gunner or Tank thrusters." The Tank and Gunner's thrusters aren't getting a cooldown on the 360. See with a mouse and keyboard even a newbie is able to out-maneuver you while you are able to claw as good as Deadeye. The cooldown on their thrusters makes it so they can't fly around like a bee and shoot the crap out of you.

• Reduced damage of Assassins Dagger and Sword versus Turrets
      Decreased juice gain from damage done by Assassins Dagger and Sword
    Reduced damage against Turrets will most likely come to the 360.
    The decreased juice gain may not because the PC version has double the bots spawning.

Also on the PC version almost every Assassin lunge grapples, not to mention they connect and can be aimed. So yeah the Assassin is a bit more deadly on the PC due to it's control. Still though if you know what to watch for dealing with them is the same.

Another cool thing is that the Tank's Jet Gun connects every time! None of that "I see the flame touching him but he isn't getting set on fire" crap.

/morningrant
  9. RoboNinjaGuy

RoboNinjaGuy New Member

Reduced damage to the turrets I can see definitely making it's way to the Xbox. I wouldn't mind thatto prevent early destruction. But as DeadStretch said, there are more bots on the PC, so reduce the juice intake from that and you basically have what we have on the Xbox already. Any less juice gain then what we have(on the xbox) would make the Assassin a lesser class even more than it already is. Fighting a defensive team would make Assassin players useless.

I can't speak for the other classes since I'm content with how they are and how I play with them.
  10. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

And made it throw at level 2.

That is one that has a high probability (this is not a confirmation of ANYTHING) of making it into a possible future Xbox patch.
  11. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Yeah yeah we know that neither confirm nor deny line. :D
  12. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

13. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

am i the only player who uses a heavy as my main class that likes the jet thruster gauge?
  14. salomdi

salomdi Active Member

i seriously hope that the assassin damage reductions arent too prevalent against turrents if it happens.