Private Match Community 2014: did we really make it this far?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by teapot, January 13, 2014.

1. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I don't remember what Teominator's account was to be honest. I'm guessing that's not it.
  2. feedle

feedle Post Master General

Teominators account is theonze
    His bro is mnc reaper
    This is neither as i saw zterminator once in a pub
  3. teapot

Gumunkum played today and did better than I expected him to do. Pretty solid tank and he seemed to enjoy them, I'm sure he'll be back.

Dyefreek6 ended up messaging me saying he'd like to play but doesn't have a mic. I wouldn't mind giving him a shot even if it meant he was on my team. As far as I know he plays assault and said he likes to watch the private match videos on youtube.

It's been interesting with most of the vets gone and some of the newer/very older guys coming back. Archer, Roxas, and InragedHippo ended up playing some games as well. I'll try to compile a list of the newer players that I think are worth adding to the PM list.
  4. joker

joker Active Member

What ever happened to iKs Cambria? H&S v1, undefeated in team play, sniper. This is most certainly not tradition
  5. feedle

I updated the list couple new players.. Wish los huevos would come back to play
  6. teapot

Archerfighter, Jester Day, iThe Dude, Naka333, and a few others played in todays matches. Archer was definitely better than I expected, and it was nice to have Jester and Dude back. Even Naka seems like she enjoys them which is cool.

edit: We're up to 50+ names on the list. Not all of them play often, but most do. I didn't include others on the PM list that I don't see often.
    Last edited: January 18, 2014
  7. feedle

Im surprised how long the pms kept going even after i left
  8. teapot

We're thinking of doing a tier list to help organize the matches as well as balance out teams. From there we would plan tiered games, that way there's a chance of having a full high tier lobby, or full low tier lobby. What are players thoughts on this?

One thing mentioned was how if we plan a top tier game, but it doesn't fill up we would have to dip into mid or low tiered players. If a higher tiered player than got on, the captain could opt to pick up that player over the lower tiered player.

Another thing is if I'm hosting the lobby, I am going to prioritize who gets to play myself. If there's a lot of players on, I'd rather take the players who are selfless, willing to learn, and playing for the win. I personally don't see a point in including selfish players that only know how to play for stats, or make them look good at the expense of their team. Many players are tired of punching bots, and new players aren't up to par on how to prevent it just yet, allowing vet's to gain juice easily and boost their egos.
  9. onelessninja

onelessninja Active Member

I looked on the PM list and saw who was on it. I think I friended the wrong one.

How do I get on the top tier one?
  10. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Now I am sure you're just trolling, and I will treat you as such.
  11. teapot

Remember how many other people used to just talk about private matches and never play any? Yup, just another day on the uber forums.
  12. feedle

Depends on what teirs... Theres slayers teirs and bot tiers... Theres people who can rack up 30 kills but have no idea how to play bot classes and vice versa. theres players who can kill or play without juice. I mean if bot punching is on turn the machines back on as well?

Also noticed alot of players womt end the game when the ball is down and a team is short a player. Yet people wonder why no one wants to play
  13. teapot

That's my main issue with PM's right now. I'm branching out and trying to incorporate more players in these matches to keep them alive. On the other hand we have players who pick teams from players that aren't in the lobby excluding others. We have players who get mad at their team when they're playing selfish.

I may start setting up the matches myself and then take a vote in the lobby and see what the overall opinion is of punching bots. Hell I even turn bullseye off because it encourages players to break map control, or their positioning in favor of punching him for juice. I found that in top matches the game's individual skill shrinks more toward a team skill based skill. In recent privates there seems to be no team skill.
  14. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

When private matches are 1/2 WTS 1/4 local 1/4 players who actually try to win and don't all sound the same. Be prepared for a bad time.
  15. onelessninja

onelessninja Active Member

WHAT????

I WAS JUST ASKING A QUESTION!!!
  16. xshammas

xshammas Well-Known Member

This will just never work. You can have 12 people who want to win, but you'll never have 12 people who know how to win, and you'll definitely never have 12 people on the same tier level.
  17. teapot

I'd take a look at that list. There's a few more that aren't on there, but there are very few that are "high tier" players. I honestly think it's doable by balancing out a few higher tiered players to help. There are definitely 10 low to mid tier players who want to improve and play properly, and I guess I could just get a player like frank to take care of one team and me on the other.

The 12 people who know how to win thing I agree with. I raged last night at how my team was playing because I felt like they weren't doing anything to win specifically. They were just trading for mid control and didn't capitalize on things I felt they should. I know only playing top people will help them improve, but I feel their view on how to play will be skewed by those who are so juice or stat reliant. These lower tiered lobbies help give players some more breathing room to get their roles done. It may haunt them if they get "good" then play other "good" players and find out there's still a lot to learn, but that's the next step.

Omerta's stepping up on gunner lately. Disturbence has a pretty good clawing gunner as well, he made some good plays on Frank's gunner but was just overall inexperienced with the class. There are a few other new players who seem like they have a lot of room for potential. Since there are no teams or scrims to improve, this would be the next best thing. I didn't branch out to new PM players for the old ones to juice chain on them.
  18. xshammas

I made sooo many videos, only to be ignored.
  19. frank fotaine

frank fotaine Member

There's a reason that your videos are ignored though.

Also, if people don't watch them then there's no point anyway. MNC videos get like max 20 views.

I feel like progress can only be made in a few manners, the best ones being that new players play against veterans, because getting stomped is a good way to progress into a better player. And the other fast way to progress is to actually ask for help/tips from people who are known for certain classes/skill. (the second option is never really traveled though).

As far as organizing tiers go. I find it very questionable. A majority of the players will fall in between mid and low tier if I look at the recent privates as examples. imo there are very few top tier players left which makes privates a little harder to play fairly.

I've noticed that recently I have gotten a little more frustrated than I usually do. I'm not really known for any class or known at all but I feel like any team I'm on now just struggles if I don't go Gunner or Assault. I have been trying to help the lower tier players lately but I feel like my words fall on deaf ears. For a few examples, I like playing with Halk but anytime I'm on his team he doesn't get the anni, and only really says 3 things , "I need help, I almost got bots on ball," , "I die", and "omerta host sniper unfair."

And I like omerta, he has been showing progress but I also wish he would kind of think more when he plays. He's got a fair shot I saw him **** on skill a few times with no leash, butHe apparently can't distinguish my voice in a party which means whenever I'm his support and I'm getting attack I'm dead lol and his positioning is very bad and I try to give him tips but he doesn't seem to get it.

Perhaps I need to rethink the way I'm giving advice and try a few approaches because I feel like individually a lot of the people in our lobbies are solid players but falter when it comes to anything team play oriented.
    xomerta likes this.
  20. xshammas

What's the reason?