FIREBASES, PEOPLE! HELP US KILL THEM!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by lord_sammy, January 20, 2011.

1. lord_sammy

lord_sammy New Member

If you see me throwing shurikens at one, cloaking and decloaking, desperately trying to crit it down while it's being healed before someone wisens up and kills me, PLEASE! Help me take it out! That's fifteen to twenty seconds I could use pushing bots. Just because I have shurikens doesn't mean I can always take the damn thing down in four seconds. Sometimes it's placed where I can't shoot it without it firing back at me because it's hacked. Please, people! Help assassins take down firebases! The duel between support and assassin is entertaining to watch to you but very frustrating to me.
  2. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

but I need to stay and heal my FB
  3. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

4. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

Psh. Call your friendly neighborhood tank, give him a churro, and tell him to stomp on that beeyotch.
  5. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

Kill the support, smoke bomb the firebase, kill firebase with katana.
  6. SAINTofSINS

SAINTofSINS New Member

/thread
  7. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Easier said than done.
  8. SAINTofSINS

SAINTofSINS New Member

The way I see it, if you feel you're wasting too much time trying to shuriken it to death then your next best option is to be smart about a close-quarter approach to destroy the firebase and its Support.

Sometimes, needing to rely on your teammates to help you out in a situation like this pulls away too many resources to a proper push, or simply asks too much of a team that is already disorganized and caught up in their Rambo dream-set.
  9. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

I love catching Support in the process of hacking their Firebases. 'Nade 'em, then cook 'em. Spicy - not in a good way, but still, very spicy.

If you're having trouble, aim for the Support first. They have low health unless they're running Gold Armour, and if they're running Gold Armour that means their ROF won't be able to keep up with your damage.
  10. Undertaker4uplr

Undertaker4uplr New Member

If I see a FB go down, and Im to far away yet to hit it, ILl drop a nade on it to stall its fire with the hope someone is around to take advantage.
  11. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

SUPPORTS HEAL FIREBASES, YOU! GO SHOOT AT HIM! :mrgreen:
  12. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

srsly gaiz. If you have even a sub par tank, he should be able to drop any firebase you see, just call him. Or switch to one yourself. =P
  13. Zander Star

Zander Star New Member

gremlins gremlins lots and lots of OHHHH MYYYY GODDDDDD! :shock: :eek: :lol:
  14. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

We talking hacked firebases or unhacked? There's a difference 'ya know.
  15. lord_sammy

lord_sammy New Member

Usually hacked. And a good support doesn't just sit there and let the shurikens rape him. He does the healing dance. Going in for a close encounter means he pulls out his shotgun :(, after all, if the shurikens stop coming he knows I'm going to attempt a backstab. Sometimes I get lucky and catch the firebase going up--usually I'm running from a gunner or tank and encounter it in a problem area, already hacked and being healed.
  16. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

if there is one or two camped firebases in the center of ammomule, then lets see you take an assassin, go in there with katana and smoke bomb, and kill it.

no, thats not remotely an assassins job. if its up, overhealed, underneath something, with a support healing it, and its blocking something... then a heavy or group should try to evict it. why would an assassin just be able to smoke bomb it away? that gets you secondary-grappled and then the firebase is back online again? if you try to assassinate the support, youll kill him, the firebase will kill you, he will return by time you do, and wash rinse repeat.

he is right, dont ignore firebases when they are in a pain of a spot. if you cant afford to ignore them, then organize a push, or have a high-damage class outgun it and its support.

only tactical solution i know of, is maybe a sniper getting really lucky and harassing the support away and/or killing him. lucky headshot would help? but the sniper would have to create enough danger thru flak and explosive rounds to run the support off or actually kill him in the confusion.
  17. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

You. You're a bad person for suggesting this.

Firstly: No. Not your job.
    Two: Lolwut? You think that works? I'm sensing lower standards here...
    Third: I'm sorry, but what? What was that?
    No. Just.... no.

And YOU. You're also a bad person. Both of you, go away.
  18. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

If there is a firebase up just let me know, ill take it out along with the guy who put it there.
    Most classes have a counter for the fire base, especially the tank.
  19. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

Now this is /thread.
  20. SAINTofSINS

SAINTofSINS New Member

Without the context of the situation and just seeing that "shurikens aren't doing the job" what else is the Assassin to do against a Firebase? That is just as good a secondary tactic if you can't rely on teammates and shurikens aren't doing the job - yeah, there's a risk involved but anytime your first instinctual tactic doesn't work you have to fall into taking some risks for the reward.

So no, I will not go away. *Grabs seat and plants butt in it* So there. :p