Question About The New Stargates

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by vackillers, January 15, 2014.

1. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

Will we be able walk through enemies stargates/teleports? I think it would be quite hillarious if we are able to just simply teleport right in the middle of someone elses base, you could setup traps for incoming unwanted units as well, it may even add some risk involved as well, a decision to keep the stargate open for you walk through, or just simply destroy it.

Dunno if this has been asked or talked about before.
    Clopse likes this.
  2. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

I think it would be a great feature to add the ability to take control of an opponents gate. or if it was just a two way street whenever it was open and an opponent could just walk an army right through if the owner was not careful and left it open when he was not paying attention.
  3. Taxman66

Taxman66 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the enemy can walk through them.
  4. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Oh my lord imagine that - just put your whole army on Return fire only, march through the opponents teleporter, kick some ***.

Do want!
  5. wienerdog4life

wienerdog4life Active Member

I'm fairly sure that the plan is to have the enemy able to go through the teleporter as well as your own
  6. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

7. Taxman66

Taxman66 Well-Known Member

I heard that enemy units can go backwards through your teleporter on a playtest - forgot which one though.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  8. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Hope it wasn't an evil bug
  9. tatsujb

10. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

well for me it would be the LoL factor as the enemy isn't expecting someone elses army to rush through their own gates lol... or they just sent their backup army through the gate as your coming through.. and then blow up the stargate once your through haha... with no forces to defend with as their stuck on some moon or something
  11. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Amazing idea vac killers. Surprised nobody has thought of this before. +1 from me. :p
    overwatch141 likes this.
  12. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Considering you can delete your own units any time by pressing delete it would need the teleporter to be really special for this to make any sense. Personally I think it i unlogical and I dont like it.
  13. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

Well for me if would be the LoL factor as you aren't expecting three layers of laser towers when rushing your army through my teleporter.

Seriously, through, everyone will just build a ton of defences on their own side, which will make such tactics impossible to the point where they might have never existed in the first place. And everything will be essentially the same, aside frm additional cost, space and micro, required for those defences.
  14. tatsujb

15. Macitar

Macitar New Member

I like the idea but its not for this game. The only thing i think needs changing is the ramp down thing. In the play tests i saw lots of units being obliterated as they arrived (which is fine) but those units couldn't return fire because their assailants were hiding behind the structure of the gate itself.

When a unit comes through it targets the closest enemy it sees, that can be one right beside the gate out of direct line of sight meaning the arriving unit just shoots the stargate. Meanwhile the ambushing force of units that is slightly farther away but HAS got a direct line of sight annihilates them in single file.

Solutions i propose:

1) Gate lets units out on ground level allowing 360 degree firing from newly arriving units

2)Gate support platform has more of an omni-directional ramp like structure again allowing 360 degree retaliation from the arriving army.

Argument for why this is important:
    Invading a planet via a beachhead and teleporter is apparently already an extremely difficult to achieve, multi-stage process. The units arriving are already at enough of a disadvantage coming in single file without their targeting AI being so exploitable that they cant effectively return fire if there are any enemy targets on the sides of the structure.
  16. wienerdog4life

husbandinlaw likes this.
  17. tatsujb

dw bro, I'm chill. Are you chill bro?
  18. wienerdog4life

19. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

20. tatsujb

I know dat, ya goof! :D

we're the only two people to have caught on!