When are more planets gonna be added?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by drew1880, January 9, 2014.

1. abubaba

abubaba Well-Known Member

Palm trees.. all I ask for. :rolleyes:
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Of course mods aren't needed. I do think they are an important consideration, especially given PA's heritage, and I am glad Uber has been very supportive and even label Modding as a "First Class Citizen" when it comes to overall design of PA.

I'm not sure I see the point you're trying to make here.

Mike
  3. omegapirate

omegapirate New Member

Could gas giants be used for resources? Or are they strictly planning them to just be strategic orbital points.

I'm just thinking because you couldn't build on them since they're gas giants, but you should be able to utilize the gasses right?
  4. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Gas Giants have always been talked about with the context of being sources of very efficient energy generation.

Mike
  5. omegapirate

omegapirate New Member

I never came across this, sorry! But I am glad to hear that.
  6. verybad

verybad Active Member

I'm just hoping we get at least one Blimp/Zeppelin building/units for gas planets. (think the star wars Cloud City on Bespin with factories on it), perhaps allow you to build a large floating building that you can build other buildings on top of, but if certain parts of it are destroyed, it falls deeper into the Gas Giant and is destroyed.

ie you would build floating parts that can hold up a certain number of terrain parts The floating parts blow up when they're destroyed (like a mini commander) and can't hold other buildings on top, but you can attach terrain buildings to them which you can build onto. The terrain parts would resemble metal planets. The floating parts would look like blimps/zepplins. Mobility parts might also be an option, allowing you to move your base about.

In addition, as gas giants are known to have enormous winds and storms, different parts of the gas giants might have "currents" that move your bases about.

All sorts of things you could do with that, including making enormous floating battleships with artillery, nukes, etc on board, mobile economy bases that you try to keep out of trouble, factory bases that support your front lines .

Gas giants could be fantastic places to fight on if they get enough things to take advantage of their weirdness.
  7. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

Gas giants are also confirmed to be orbital-only.
  8. verybad

verybad Active Member

That's a pity. Oh well, that can always be changed later.
  9. tabrisangelus

tabrisangelus New Member

maybe even a Ring world :D
    bradaz85 likes this.