Can't enter any game

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by juff, January 11, 2014.

1. juff

juff New Member

Hello,
    I have a bit of a connection problem. Since today every time I want to join a game or even create one myself I just get an "Connection to server failed" error what makes it impossible to play. The game also freezes some time with a black screen before the error.
    I already restartet the game and the pc but it changed nothing. I also changed the server area in the settings, same result.
    My pc is running windows 7 64-bit and all drivers are up to date. I also turned any mods off.

I would be happy if anyone knows a solution.

PS i'm new to this forum so if i made any mistakes please correct me :)
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

how could you have "turned mods off" while being new to this forum?

anyways you should definitely upload a Dxdiag.txt to your next reply so I can help you further.
    to do this hit ÿ
    then "dxdiag",
    let the program run, allow the progress bar to finish
    hit "Save All Information..."
    upload it as a .txt attachment. DON'T paste it
    also try it a bunch of times again. preferrably after having turned off any torrent application and any other application for that matter. the support forum is not here by the way it's here : https://forums.uberent.com/forums/beta-issues-bugs.71/
  3. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

Do you use WiFi or ethernet cable to connect computer to modem?
    If using Wifi try using an ethernet cable connection to modem .
  4. juff

juff New Member

thanks for the quick reply.
    i already have an ethernetcable. And i don't need to really use this forum to get mods from the mod manager.
    anyway here is my file.
    I tryed it some more times when PA was the only thing running, same result.
    and thanks for the link

Attached Files:

5. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

hmmm.
    Your system has drivers that are up to date so it's not a driver issue that i can see.

Are you using anti-virus software or internet security software?

Maybe something like a firewall option or internet security program is blocking server communications.
  6. juff

juff New Member

yes i had antvirus, but i turned it off, no change. I just also tryed it on the linux system i have on the computer, but it has the same result. I guess it's a network problem. Maybe some in the house does something strange with it. I think I will simply try again tomorrow. Thanks for the help guys :)
  7. SXX

SXX Post Master General

If you have exactly same error on Linux you should check your ability to connect with Uber game servers. Here is few IPs of EUwest PA servers:
    Code:
    Try to ping/traceroute commands and check if you can open web page on these IPs, e.g:
    http://159.253.134.20/
    If you can't ping/connect them it's mean something wrong with networking.

PS: PA uses TCP ports 9000-9050 but most of game servers running on 9000-9005 so you can easily check if port open with nmap.
    Possible your ISP just blocked those TCP ports for some crazy reason.
    tatsujb likes this.
  8. arthursalim

arthursalim Active Member

It´s your modem port go to windows>protopofcommand> type ipconfig > get your local ipv4> go to your web browser and type the ipv4 you got> your modem screen will open> type password:Admin User:Admin(if it dosent work contact your local internet provider to discover your router acess password)> search for the port options and discover if your router is optimized to lock and try to open new ports>if soo create a new port can be something like 001> go to your computer firewall and create 2 new rules to allow PA to use the port to connect to the servers

If everything fails deactivate your pc firewall and try again

Hope it helped
  9. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Are you Aussie?