Grat game but only 10-20 fps

Discussion in 'Support!' started by blockbuste, September 27, 2013.

1. SXX

SXX Post Master General

They are differs, but I don't think it's hard to find manual about Windows shortcuts.
  2. ulciscor

ulciscor Active Member

I said google showed me nothing based on your search parameters, it didn't. Either come up with better search parameters, or..if you know where to find it, (and you did) just link the post. You can get away with that because this is the internet, but offline you'll find few people who will tolerate that kinda attitude. Alright? Good man.

And he was not asking about the shortcut, he was asking about the command line, try to keep up.
  3. Cultasare

Cultasare New Member

The thing I don't understand is why people with lower hardware are getting better performance than I am. With or without shadows or features. Theres people with lower cards than my 680 and they get 40-60 fps but im getting 15
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Sorry if I'm offense or hurt you with that, it's wasn't what I want to do. :oops:

But I'm don't really care about offline cuz we're in internets. :p
    So please don't take things too serious, at least from persons like me.
  5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

It's related to some hardware/drivers specific. When you improve performance of one video card you'll usually decrease performance for another.

And also there is driver bugs, might be Uber trigger one of them.
  6. ulciscor

ulciscor Active Member

Hey no you didn't 'hurt me', i just thought i would give some social advice to someone who sorely needs it, selfless i guess, but that's just my way.

And it's 'But i don't really care about offline because we are on the internet'

Happy to help.
  7. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I'm got new idea about possible reason of "some" performance problems, so I have question everyone who met problems: do you run PA from Steam?

If so check this topic and try to disable Steam overlay for PA:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/0/864980277623586863/
    And post here if this affect performance or not. Thanks.
  8. occusoj

occusoj Active Member

I have a very outdated CPU+GPU and get around 30-50 fps until massive unit spam comes on but theres one thing I noticed to bring me down to 1-2 fps.
    Flash. Flash running in firefox, especially when it plays a Youtube Video in the background. If by any chance you get some flash running, end it. Plaque of the internet that is.
  9. blockbuste

blockbuste New Member

So tried it with command line nofeatures and deactivated ingame steam same results there must be some Problem with the nvidia drivers and the game!
  10. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Have you tried to disable Steam overlay as I posted one in two post before your? Does it affect on FPS for you?
  11. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Yeah game was running pretty good for me, FPS definitely has tanked, but not unexpected at all. Its always up and done in early dev like this, pretty much in all early games ive been playing.

Game is definitely the most fun when you have a solid 60 fps.
  12. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

hmmm steam overlay, I'll have to try that little tip...... I do also have the uber launcher as well which i haven't tried yet! to see if there is actually any performance difference, I got a feeling there isn't though...
  13. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Actually Steam overlay it's only difference between Steam and non-Steam version.
    This is probably why some people said, that game working better though Uber launcher.
  14. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

well I'll definitely give it a try, trying now actually as I type this to see if there is any difference.... I do appreciate the post on the tip... Just hope it works for me
  15. Cultasare

Cultasare New Member

I tied that, no effect
  16. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Thanks anyway. This is useful info.
  17. akovac35

akovac35 New Member

I have tried it in no steam version:

have tried the following:

"D:\Planetary Annihilation\PA\PA.exe" --nofeatures
    "D:\Planetary Annihilation\PA\PA.exe" -nofeatures
    "D:\Planetary Annihilation\PA\PA.exe" "--nofeatures"

The above did not work. Any other solution (trees were still there)? No mods...
  18. kmike13

kmike13 Member

Has anyone had lag at the main menu? I get an unbelievable amount of delay even while logging in.
  19. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

This might be wrong, but I think you need to put the quotes around the whole thing, i.e.

"D:\Planetary Annihilation\PA\PA.exe --nofeatures"
  20. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

That might be caused by the star field animation. You might want to install this the NoStarfield mod. It's most easily installed with the mod manager, which is available for Windows and Linux/Mac OS X.