Challenge: How Fast Can You Beat the AI?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by brianpurkiss, January 6, 2014.

1. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

hahahaha.

At any rate, I found it very easy to beat the AI.

If I blitz straight for bombers (be it basic or advanced), it's VERY easy to beat the AI. Takes about 10 minutes to get enough damage to kill the Commander. But my Bombers buzz overhead with absolutely nothing shooting them down since I took out the AI's fighters easily. It was also strange that when bombers started flying overhead, the enemy Commander just started walking off into nowhere like it could run away from the bombers. This means the commander ran away from what few missile defense towers and anti-air vehicles were around and left it completely defenseless. Kinda a weird strategy. "Bombers overhead? Run out into the middle of nowhere! I can out run them!" I could probably use that as a strategy... have a few bombers fly overhead to trick it into running out into the open where my ground forces are waiting.

Need to experiment with ground rushes next.
  2. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

This all depends on how close you spawn. Can I just do a tiny planet size?
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  3. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Sounds like a fun competition but a no rushing with your commander rule would be great to get the times similar.
    Otherwise it is just build a factory and walk your commander hoping you get lucky. Probably don't even need fabbers actually.
  4. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Yeah I agree with this. If you can commander rush the time gets skewed too much.

2:37 on a size 200 moon.
    Last edited: January 7, 2014
  5. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Radius 750 moon only (from the OP), but yeah spawn distance will matter.
  6. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

Must have been a really close spawn.
    I clocked my Commander taking 4:30 to walk across 1/3 of the circumference of the planet, and another minute or so to actually kill the enemy Com. That alone takes almost as long as your entire game.
  7. stormingkiwi

Yeah. Commander rush strategy is completely reliant on spawn positioning.
    It's not really obvious to be honest. You just seem them slowly arriving in the wrong place.
  8. Telvi

Telvi Member

i'll try it when i got my graphic card back but im sure i will beat the 5 min :D
  9. boylobster

boylobster Active Member

NO. This is a competition. You think everybody just gets to make their own planets, like we're a bunch of Mormons up in here? What would we have then??? Anarchy! The contest, like society, is utterly meaningless without our arbitrarily imposed rules and boundaries and... wait, where was I going with this? Oh yeah, you'll play on the Purkiss body and like it! ... ...but *that's* not really what I meant either. o_O

Invalid! Completely invalid! Your number must be stricken from the record! A size 200 moon - pshaw! Preposterous!

Yeah, well, a real OG plays the game, you know what I'm sayin'? And it sounds like you letting the game play YOU. That's real talk.

Pity. But good on you for making it *sound* hilarious. ;)

Look, there are some pretty good players posting in this thread, so I understand that there's gonna' be some bruised egos over this. That's fine; haters gonna' hate. But everybody needs to realize that when it comes to this weird, meaningless little game that was invented moments ago, I'm kind of a big deal.

And I don't want to hear any more of this "No comm rushing" nonsense - you need a m**********r dead, you don't ask how it go down, all that matter is he *dead*, you feel me? Word up. You keep your comm rushing, you keep it gangster.

*Apologies to any offended Mormons in the room, it's all in good fun. You guys *do* get a planet, after all.
    beer4blood and stormingkiwi like this.
  10. zaphodx

Whoops think I completely missed that. I still think this is down to constantly retrying until you get a very close spawn and then rushing. Perhaps it would work better to have 2 AIs which would prevent that strat.
    Clopse, stormingkiwi and philoscience like this.
  11. boylobster

boylobster Active Member

And now, Imma' be like Jay-Z, and just peace out at the top of my game:

LightningRoundtheHeadandFace.jpg

3:59, The Purkiss Body. Don't hate the player - I'm out. *drops microphone, spreads arms*
    bradaz85 and stormingkiwi like this.
  12. stormingkiwi

9:06, time of death.

AI really doesn't deal well with bomber rush. I managed to take out its first factory.

Irony in the name. 2014-01-07_00002.jpg
    9:27, same strat. 2014-01-07_00003.jpg

@boylobster - I realise there are some pretty good players in this thread. So I suggest you may want to brush off that ego a little. 3:25.
    2014-01-07_00004.jpg
    boylobster likes this.
  13. boylobster

boylobster Active Member

Motherf..... :eek:

...*ahem*, well, obviously, Jay-Z didn't *stay* retired. Even a stone-cold pimp gotta' eat, know what I'm sayin'???

Did your original post just say "Suck it."?! HAHAHAHA, ahhhh... aha. My eyes.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  14. stormingkiwi

It did. You're welcome.
  15. mabdeno

mabdeno Active Member

7:20 for me with no comm rush. T1 units only

Attached Files:

stormingkiwi likes this.
  16. boylobster

boylobster Active Member

No, *you're* welcome...

:

SuckDirectlyOnIt.jpg

...for the free lesson, son! OHHHHH!!! WOOP-WOOOP!!! WOOP-WOOOP!!! Forget Jay-Z, I'm on my LL Cool J s**t right now - Don't call it a comeback, I been here for years! Rockin' my peers, puttin' suckas in fear!

*inhales deeply* Ahhhhh... the air sure is clean up here at the top.
    stormingkiwi and bradaz85 like this.
  17. zaphodx

I think the comm rush as above^ shows that this is a merely who can retry enough to spawn close enough to get a quick commander rush. Beating 2 AIs might make it a bit more interesting.
    beer4blood and bradaz85 like this.
  18. boylobster

boylobster Active Member

It shows absolutely nothing of the kind, sir, and I'll thank you to retract your villainous slander!

Look homie, just 'cuz you can't throw up numbers like these, you don't gotta' be mean-muggin' me, talkin' all this trash about how somebody's record-shattering performance be completely unrelated to gameplay or skill and s**t. Don't hate, appreci-ate. Uhhhn. Real talk.

Genius is seldom recognized in it's own time.
    brianpurkiss and stormingkiwi like this.
  19. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Yup 2 ais is great idea. Just Half the ai income if you can't cope.
  20. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Actually it might be more interesting to ask: How many AIs at what income can you deal with before the AI defeats you?
    Raevn, bradaz85 and nanolathe like this.