Support heal/hurt beam

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by cEv, January 20, 2011.

1. cEv

cEv New Member

Please consider giving the support a reward for healing pros, giving them money makes the most sense.

It would be great if support's had a reason / immediate reward for healing their team mates (not turrets). Possibly $10 per 100hp healed or something like that.
  2. grimbar

grimbar New Member

The reward is juice
  3. wug_

wug_ New Member

is it? I never even notice it moving when im healing anything bar a jackbot .. so I usually dont bother unless there is nothing better to do or they are near death :)
  4. cEv

cEv New Member

Is the reward the same as with bots and turrets? If so, they are easier to heal/closer/more of them around. I think healing pros should give a unique benefit to encourage it.
  5. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

You actually do gain a little bit of money from healing. It's just hardly noticable. Like, $1 each few seconds. Not exactly a steady income.
  6. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

It does have a unique benefit. I call it winning gunfights. Having full overheal (or continuous healing :eek:) = win.
  7. cEv

cEv New Member

yeh obivously i agree. What i'm getting at is the support doesn't get immediate unique benefit from healing pros. They rarely even get an assist. The reward should be increased to encourage it more.
  8. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

Really the only thing I would like, would be an assist when overhealing a pro that gets a kill.
    I can make money pretty easy.
  9. cEv

cEv New Member

yeh an assist would be perfect
  10. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

Here is an old topic discussing this same issue. I primarily played then and play now a Support, so keep that in mind when I make points about how Support shouldn't get kill assists.
  11. wug_

wug_ New Member

yeha id be happy just having some consistancy around the assit credit, overall though it's much more fun to be dropping airstrikes and getting up close and personal with my shotgun :)
  12. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

Assist credit is consistent. If you do even 1 damage to a player and they get killed before regenerating to full health, you get an assist. Once a pro regenerates to full HP the assist table is wiped so you'll have to damage them again.
  13. cEv

cEv New Member

not the same issue.
    i am saying a support should have the greatest incentive to heal pros over bots/turrets.

end goal: get supports healing pros more.

yes i realise that isn't their only role and doesn't need to be made to be. this isn't tf2. but just a little something extra for healing pros would be good.
  14. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

Dont supports get enough kills and assists from firewall's and hacked turrets?

Or is that not enough for you.
  15. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

Well SCUZAMI! :3

EDIT: With my broken shotgun clipping through my crotch because I decided to do a sexual innuendo under the radar in the middle of reloading. :p
  16. cEv

cEv New Member

has nothing to do with getting more kills, has everything to do with healing more.
  17. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

With latest update support got a huge boost, your hacked turrets wont fall down to juicers so much and will be giving you rewards throughout the entire game, now you want to heal all your team mates for a lil bit and steal an assist for ALL their kills, thats just greedy.

If you are that desperate for extra credit then do 1hp damage on the enemy that your team mate is fighting, or is that too much effort for you?
  18. Mail

Mail New Member

I'm pretty sure he didn't make this thread so he could get "extra credit". He's trying to get more supports healing pros. He made this thread as an idea to facilitate this. Giving non-team minded people an incentive to do team-minded things.
  19. grimbar

grimbar New Member

you can't fix people
  20. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

You cant force people to play the style you want, i have seen good supports that are defensive and heal pro's but i have also seen wicked supports playing the offensive role with airstrikes and shotty, there is nothing to stop a support from healing nearby pro's, but to get a reward just for constantly holding left click on team mate and doing nothing else just does not warrant the extra credit imho.

On a sidenote my best death today was when i was doing a taunt and a support landed an airstrike on my head which i watched kill me during the animation, was hilarious :)