Strategic Markers

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Gerfand, January 2, 2014.

1. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

I was watching a ZaphodX video(#158), and they start to wonder: where is the fifth Commander, them I think if we could have something like the FA Stragegic Markers(you wrote something and put on the map)

would be very powerfull on Mega games w/ 40 players on the same MegaPlanet
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

"Pings" are a confirmed feature.

We'll be able to put up some sort of flag/notification/something on the planet's surface to say "Hey teammates, attack/look/move/defend/etc over here!"
  3. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Yeah, pings will definitely make it into the game.
    proeleert, dianalogue and cwarner7264 like this.
  4. unconsumable

unconsumable New Member

I`d like a bit more than pings.
    Particulary the thing about spherical worlds and rotating camera often makes it hard to orientate, I think there has to be some free-painting mode, where you can mark areas (possibly one layer for yourself and one shared with the team).
    This could be augmented by adjustable automatic threat/enemy markers that tempararely paint areas with enemy movements/structures in their color when scouted via plane.
  5. dianalogue

dianalogue Member

Something akin to the TA Demo Recorder would be AMAZING to see. Had a whiteboard feature, different kinds of pings and text pings. An absolute must.
  6. gillza

gillza Member

This is one feature I keep thinking often about lately :) markers/pings are definitely needed in the game :)
  7. mabn666

mabn666 New Member

Markers and drawing on the map in Spring was perfect and I'd love to see it in PA. They allowed to quickly draw an arrow to mark attack route, to put a marker with or without a note and to write addons which were automatically marking important buildings right after they were detected (like drawing a circle around enemy's nuke with a "nuke" text). Perfect.