Beginner advice

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Going4Quests, January 2, 2014.

1. Going4Quests

Going4Quests Active Member

Hey,

Can someone give me some advice on how to play PA because i only get owned by the AI lol. I have played Supreme Commander 1 & 2 and did all the campaigns on difficult hard. I have no idea what difficult the AI is now, but i am only getting owned haha. :p

I only can't find a way on my factories to upgrade to the next tiers. Can someone help me with this? :)
  2. occusoj

occusoj Active Member

Theres no upgrading with factories.
    You have to build T2/advanced factories - the basic fabrication units can build them.

I dont know about the current AI, but for most players, expand and spam of T2 bombers does the trick ;).
  3. hanspeterschnitzel

hanspeterschnitzel Active Member

Don't use air fabbers.
    beer4blood and brianpurkiss like this.
  4. rep0055

rep0055 New Member

There is also a pretty good tutorial I'd recommend going through. In general expansion, and early pressure are good rules to live by. The idea being that you don't want fighting taking place on your base's doorstep. You might also do a youtube search for "Planetary Annihilation". There are several forum posters that twitch stream matches with commentary and they can be quite insightful.
  5. r0ck1t

r0ck1t Active Member

Stay aggressive. I like to scout him out early as possible to find out where he is and possibly what he has, then I try to sta
    I use air fabs often and have not had any issues defeating the AI
  6. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

There is no unit cap.

Spam. Everything.
    cwarner7264, peewee1000 and emraldis like this.
  7. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

8. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Air fabs are easily taken out by fighters and not energy efficient. They use more energy than bot or vehicle fabricators making your economy less efficient. Air fabbers also cost more metal to build than bot/vehicle fabricators.
  9. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

That might be true against the ai, but in general air fabs are a bad idea if other fabs can do the job. air fabs are only half as efficient as other fabs, meaning that you're basically wasting half of your ressources by using them. Also any amout of fighters is usually enough to wipe out all your fabs pretty easily.
  10. Going4Quests

Going4Quests Active Member

Thanks guys!
  11. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

You forgot air fabs build slower to....
  12. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

1) Spend all your metal. If you have surplus you're doing it wrong.
    2) Deny enemy metal. If he has an undefended extractor you're doing it wrong.
    3) Grab all the metal. If there is an empty extractor or raw wreckage on the field you're doing it wrong.
    4) Don't run out of energy. Generally you need at least 1 power plant per extractor, sometimes 2 or more. A single energy storage can deal with any sort of surge demand, but eventually you'll learn to live without it.