PA.exe error

Discussion in 'Support!' started by uuo, January 1, 2014.

1. uuo

uuo New Member

I have tried a few things I have read in other posts on this, but none seem to have worked. The pa.exe has stopped working crash occurs almost instantly from starting the game. I have attached my dxdiag. It is only listing the intel, but my laptop also has an nvidia geforce gtx 580M. Not sure if dxdiag is only supposed to list one. I have already selected the game to use the nvidia card under the nvidia control panel. I am not sure what else to do as I think my drivers are up to date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Open this directory:
    C:\Users\YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\log\
    And then upload few log files from here on forum.

Also if you running though Steam you can try to get non-Steam version:
    https://store.uberent.com/Download/Install?titleId=4
  3. uuo

uuo New Member

Here is the only log I found. Does this have to do something with where I installed the game? Also, I purchased and downloaded the game from the uber store. Right now, I am not running it through steam. Just wanted to mention that in case that matters.

Attached Files:

4. supremeoverlord

supremeoverlord Member

You log file says there is an error when loading one of your mods. You should uninstall all of them and run PA again. :D
  5. uuo

uuo New Member

Here is the new log after reinstalling. I am still getting the same error. I just deleted the entire folder and reinstalled. Is that what you meant, or is there something else I should do?

Attached Files:

6. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Did you update directx?
  7. uuo

uuo New Member

I have directx 11 according to my dxdiag. It looks like this is the most recent version. Correct me if that is not the case.
  8. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

9. uuo

uuo New Member

Wow, thanks. The game starts now. Not sure why though as I thought I already had the updated version.
    warrenkc likes this.
  10. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

there have been many updates in dx 11.