Doing some streaming with my bro and ZaphodX

Discussion in 'Videos And Replays!' started by metabolical, December 30, 2013.

1. metabolical

metabolical Uber Alumni

2. metabolical

metabolical Uber Alumni

tatsujb and pownie like this.
  3. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

At first i was thinking.. twitch integration was pretty good. maybe the devs will post cool videos. I didn't know it would be outright AWESOME with devs doing all this cool stuff.

I'm not sure if other games implement twitch or video streaming but i'm glad PA is at least Pioneering(to my knowledge) in it.
  4. duncane

duncane Active Member

Thanks so much for posting to YouTube. I'm in Perth Australia so the time zone is around 18 hours out.
    stormingkiwi and ChillAAA like this.
  5. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Not quite. I know of a few others, notably in my experience Planetside 2.

However, PA's gives the highest quality Twitch streams out of any in-game streaming functionality I've experienced.

And Meta would be showing it off - it's his baby ;)
  6. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Yeah but to stream planetside at a decent graphics quality you need some kind of NASA god computer...

Thanks for posting the vids, I do most of my foruming on mobile so I can't watch twitch.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  7. metabolical

metabolical Uber Alumni

Woah, woah, woah, watch the magic! There's two reasons why I can't take credit for the video quality of the streams above.
    1. I'm at home on vacation and I happen to have an AverMedia Live Gamer Pro, which I used. So it's not the in-game support. All the play test videos at work are though.
    2. I'm not actually writing the streaming software. I'm writing the code that integrates PA with Twitch, using their SDK. Their SDK has its own encoder that I think they licensed from Intel, and for cost purposes it isn't really a "best of breed" encoder. I grab frame buffers from the game and give them to the Twitch SDK.
    It should look good, and I'm looking at ways to try and make it look better, but I'm not predicting it will match what a dedicated hardware encoder can do.
  8. MindALot

MindALot Member

I haven't watched any of the PA in-game streams recently - however, the last one I watched by Uber .. the mouse/cursor wasn't showing up - do you know if that has been fixed?
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Openbroadcaster captures it (although a version that is a bit too small), some other tools do not.
  10. metabolical

metabolical Uber Alumni

I know that I haven't fixed that yet.
  11. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

It is wierd how amazing they use technology for this new game. Some of the stuff blows my mind. With the same resources, they probably could make some of the crap Steam wishes they could, and Valve does in fact make some neat crap.

Twitch integration isn't pioneering, but it is striking how this game has some hardware graphics cards issues yet it can do things like chronocam and immaculine quality twitch integration and coherent ui and entirely built off web program.