Mute Mickey Cantor

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Dick Nation, January 8, 2011.

1. Dick Nation

Dick Nation New Member

I can't stand him. Not one ******* iota. I'm posting now drinking a cup of tea after screaming myself hoarse in fury at his commentary and closing the game. I like everything else about this title, but at this point Mickey ******* Cantor by his lonesome has made it impossible for me to enjoy. I don't want to hear about upgrading my skills, don't need to be reminded that I just got myself shot by a black jack not watching where I was going, and don't need crappy kills constantly announced as "AMAZIIIIING~!" If I can't find a way to disable him, I'm going to have to stop playing this game permanently and you can bet I won't be recommending it to anybody.

If anybody else finds him intolerable and actually discovered a way to forcibly mute him, please tell me.
  2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

There's your problem, coffee shall be your salvation.

On a more serious note: I love when Mickey rubs it in when I got killed by a lucky Slimbot. It's hilarious (and a little infuriating I admit). I do agree on upgrading skills though. I never upgrade grapple and deploy beyond level 2 on my Gunner and I hear that my mom called A LOT... :lol:
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

4. Myst

Myst New Member

Open console
    modifysoundclass announcer vol=0
    Enjoy peaceful gaming
  5. Dick Nation

Dick Nation New Member

If this works, then I hope today you find your true love and win the lottery.
  6. grimbar

grimbar New Member

7. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

Blasphemy!!!
  8. Mickey Cantor

Mickey Cantor New Member

You know sir, I would mute you if I could. That's what I say... **** Nation, bhahahhahaaaahhiiiooooo!!
  9. DeadStretch

Woah! Looks like even Mickey Cantor gets in the TwT mood.
  10. Goose

Goose Active Member

I want to meet mickey cantor.
  11. DeadStretch

I want my widowed Grandmother to meet Mickey Cantor. It'll be pretty awesome having an uncle from him.
  12. longshot902

longshot902 New Member

This is too bad. This game isn't Team Fortress 2. This game isn't Halo.
    I feel he adds flavor to the arena - I mean it's a match, there is an audience, there is going to be an announcer. I mean, you watch any sport on TV - someone is announcing the game and sometimes they criticize the players or make suggestions during the match.
  13. NeLoDK

NeLoDK New Member

Longshot, It's still just a game, people would want to mute something, turn down the music without turning down game sound.

And if you are watching NFL the commentator doesn't say the same thing every game. I like it from time to time, but still it gets annoying.
  14. Ferocity

Ferocity New Member

In Mother russia, Mickey Cantor mutes you!
    outside of russia to.
  15. Sp00nMan

Sp00nMan New Member

I just hate the constant "HI OOOOO!"s.. Gets really really old..everything is ok.. especially when he reminds me to upgrade my skills.. :)
  16. Dont

Dont New Member

Options ? Audio & Video ? VO volume, set slider to the leftmost.
  17. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

....the devs went as far to give Mickey Cantor his own account....alright, cool i can work with that. now he can haunt us everywhere related to MNC :lol:
  18. goathax

goathax New Member

I like Mickey Cantor, but if people want to mute him, is there a subtitle option or something to give notifications about the Annihilator? The other stuff can be handy but I rely on Mickey to know when it's up. (Sometimes he still doesn't mention it 'cause he's busy telling me his opinion on churros, etc.)

A text line on the screen or a non-Cantor sound indicating the annihilator is up would help a lot.
  19. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Every 3 minutes, you'll know when it's up by heart after a while. Also if you're assassins don't activate it the very second it's up they're doing it wrong.
  20. goathax

goathax New Member

As if assassins ever do it right. I trudge my big tanky *** over there 'cause I know you can't count on assassins for anything.