Team Burning Social Comp 2

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by bradburning, December 28, 2013.

1. bradburning

bradburning Active Member

Format: 1v1 Single elimination
    Planet: 650 radius moon, 0 height range
    When: Friday 3rd January of 5:00pm GMT +10:30 (Aus Adelaide), 2:30pm Perth, 7:30pm New Zealand, 6:30am GMT
    Until: approximately 4~5 hours (based on a 16 players)

We have set up a count down timer to assist in helping people figure out when it starts.

All players are required to sign up using the following form.

This is a social for fun and learning comp and will be completed on the night unless the final 4 are happy to delay until the following day Saturday the 4th.

Rules
    • Players are Required to have PA stats mod installed. (Install Mod Manager to easily install stats mod and others)
    • Any referee decisions are final, we will observe any games that we can, but we will mostly be playing in the comp as well.
    • Every game will at the very least have a Team Burning member in it to check that spawn location are fair, but may not be able to stay and observe the whole match.
    • No exploits, are allowed (not that I can think of any I know ones currently)
    • Not mandatory, but its recommended to have Fraps or another program that can be used to capture and save screen shots in the event one player is cheating ect.
    • All players will be required to be on the Team Burning IRC by the start time to sign in where they will be be entered into Challonge.
    • If you believe you are going to be late for any reason please let me know and we will give allowances as much as possible.
    Last edited: December 31, 2013
    Clopse likes this.
  2. FelixTCat

FelixTCat New Member

Hi Brad,
    I'll be joining you in this comp. signed up and ready to rock... or roll. not sure yet. Hopefully I can do some rolling this time.

-Felix
  3. boylobster

boylobster Active Member

Let's see... Friday @ 6:30am GMT would be Thursday @ 9:30pm in Alaska, no? Or am I completely confused? :rolleyes:
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  4. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Correct!
  5. bradburning

We have 8 people so far. Even if you are unsure if you can play its OK to sign up as long as you have the intention to play. :)
  6. roja01

roja01 New Member

Brilliant :D first tourney, missed the last one ;(... good luck to you all, this time you'll need it >;D. GLHF :p
  7. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

The time piece of the form is confusing the **** out of me...... you say use gmt so the obvious input is 5 I don't get it..... I'm EST so it'll be 7 for me ...
  8. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

why not use pa-tournaments.com?
  9. bradburning

Umm so whats your time zone in GMT? Which country's EST are we talking about?

I took a look at it and I don't like the way it displays brackets and I have used used this system before back when I was involved with competitive CoH2. Google docs are easy and highly editable and I know how to use Challonge.

I know we don't need it yet but at some point we really should have an events forum on here.
    Last edited: December 29, 2013
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  10. fmaddict

fmaddict New Member

I assume you are from EST in the USA, which is GMT -5. That means that the tournament will be around 2:30am for you (if I worked that out correctly)

This link is a countdown to the tournament bit.ly/1dgWzfj

fmaddict
  11. roja01

roja01 New Member

Course we would get more people if we host it on pa-tournaments.com so it might be a good idea in the future when we're ready to host larger comps. But for now, aiming for 16 players (most of which should be from BRN) using the forums will be fine. :)
  12. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I'll be commentating the matches. :)
    roja01, bradburning and stormingkiwi like this.
  13. Blueboyzcaptain

Blueboyzcaptain New Member

be gentle. It's my first time...
  14. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

I'm locked and loaded, looking forward to a good night of gameplay!
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  15. ChillAAA

ChillAAA Member

Sadly looks to be too early for me Brad, Kids!! I'll at least try to log in later to spectate maybe?
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  16. bradburning

Yeah that should be fine, jump on the IRC when you can.
  17. stormingkiwi

Defs looking forwards to this!
  18. bradburning

This is tomorrow people hope you have all had some practice! Its still not to late to sign up and we will be taking sign ups until we start.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  19. badbiki

badbiki New Member

dudes I'm so in :)

I'll have all my kid duties completed by 5pm for game time :) let the planet smashing begin!

I have a good 1v1 moon
  20. stormingkiwi

Just got back from work.

I am absolutely dead beat. I'm going to have to pull out sorry.

Cheers