Occasional Disconnect Mid-game

Discussion in 'Support!' started by mered4, November 8, 2013.

1. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Situation:

It's mid-late game, and suddenly my screen freezes, goes black, and I get a message saying: Connection to Server Lost. Returning you to the Main Menu. Upon relog I am unable to rejoin the game as I usually can in the event of a client crash. I have had 5-6 good games ruined this way. So far I have yet to find a correlation between the disconnects.

Frequency:

About once every 3 games. I had thought it involved a time limit (usually happened around 40-50 minutes) but I had an AI game I was playing quit on me at around 10 min this morning. (no other players except AI and myself)

System:

Drivers: I updated everything two days ago to latest. No hiccups. (starting playing just before that :D)
    CPU: i7-2620M @2.8GHz
    GPU: NVS 4200M, Intel 3000 HD backup
    RAM: 8GB DDR3
    HD: 256GB @ 7200RPM
  2. Slamz

Slamz Well-Known Member

My suspicion is that these are server-side crashes and Uber should already be well aware of them. If it was a client crash, we should get the option to rejoin if we exit and reload the game.

I've been getting more of these recently, too. Game just plain freezes and boots me and there's never an option to rejoin.
  3. gunman404

gunman404 New Member

I got the same message. Connection to server lost. Happend after 50 minutes to 1 hour gameplay and it happens every time. Also had some good games agains AI going when this happens. This have been a problem for some time now. When are this bug going to be fixed?

LOVE the game, so I hope it will be fixed very soon.
  4. Firebirdtje

Firebirdtje New Member

I'm getting the same behavior quite frequently, yet its always in the late game wen their are more then 1000 units.

Are there plans for a unit cap setting