Moving units off-planet (using Astraeus?)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by kebabrhyl, December 27, 2013.

1. kebabrhyl

kebabrhyl New Member

Hello, new poster, old gamer, just looking for advice; I seem to be having trouble getting the astraeus to go take off... I can get a unit to load but then it doesn't seem to want to follow my instructions to head to that small moon over yonder. Any advice?
  2. ragzouken

ragzouken New Member

Difficult to say but I've felt it's more reliable if you zoom into the orbital layer (green shell) of the destination and issue the move command onto there
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Moving units off planet is easy.

Select your Astraeus, zoom out and look at the other planet, and initiate a move order to the other planet and the Astraeus will head that way.
  4. kebabrhyl

kebabrhyl New Member

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but that just doesn't seem to work. Either left or right click, from the planetary view or from orbital or from system.
  5. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Err...
    Possibly - I've found that it will only move if you issue an "s-move".

Which is the STUPID symbol on the right side of your screen that looks like two arrows pointing away from one another.
  6. bradburning

bradburning Active Member

Ounce loaded you can tell an astraeus to more into orbit around another planet or to move to another planet and deploy. So if you have not tried telling to to unload on the surface of a planet try that, but like brianpurkiss said its easy to do it.
  7. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

Planetary view at destination planet, right click for move no s move required.
  8. Bastilean

Bastilean Active Member

Orbital Transport after it's construction is completed is in the oribital layer.

S. Move - to the surface (technically the air layer).

Load/Unload - Commander or Construction Bot

S. Move - to the orbital layer. (you click on the surface of the planet still)

Zoom out till you can select the planet you want from the menu in the upper right.

S. Move - to the planet of choice by actually zooming in enough to the planet to click on its surface.

Load/Unload - Commander or Construction Bot

You can sometimes get it to work with less clicks but these steps should ensure no hickups.
  9. kebabrhyl

kebabrhyl New Member

Thank you all for the responses, I will have another go... Annoyingly long time to get to the point where I can do this. Would love a sandbox mode to just play at building and getting to know the construction trees.
  10. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

I think the issue is you are trying to unload the unit on the other planet. Currently you cannot unload or move>(shift)>unload.

You DO NOT need to s-move. Highlight the Astraeus and issue a standard move command on the target planet to get the astraeus off planet, once it gets there manually add an unload command to drop the unit.