So you like tower defense games....

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by notgunked, December 22, 2013.

1. notgunked

notgunked Active Member

Guardians of Middle Earth is 67% off right now. I recommend you download the demo and if you like it then now is the time to buy. Also in terms of individual skill, the game doesnt have an extremely high skill cap but as a team i would say it takes more team coordination than MNC. Great game, terrible developers.
  2. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I can't get into those types of games for some reason. I liked Iron Brigade which is more of a shooter/tower defense. I'll pass on this.
    naka333 likes this.
  3. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

Downloading.
  4. xshammas

xshammas Well-Known Member

5. notgunked

notgunked Active Member

The game isnt like other moba where there is a lot of bot killing. The game is designed to be accelerated so it is kill heavy.
  6. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

GoME is an 85% of the way there game. There are a couple of balance issues, mostly in the "pay characters are mostly just better" category, and a lot of useless chaff, but with a developer who gave a crap it could have been a good game. Me, GC, Gunked, Mars, and Feedle ran around last night. Good thing Gunked is good, because we would have been totally ROFL stomped otherwise, although my Gandalf is getting better.

It doesn't really compare to MNC, it is much closer to what SMNC is just from an overhead perspective - fight bots until you outlevel, then team fight for a numbers advantage and snowball through.
  7. botpunch2les

botpunch2les Active Member

8. RandomToon

But bad at it, yes.
  9. xshammas

I don't really think it requires more teamwork than MNC, it's a really simple game once you get it. There's little room for improvement in either category in my opinion.
  10. RandomToon

Well, you did win some tournaments in GoME so I will say you certainly know what you are talking about.
  11. feedle

feedle Post Master General

I just need time to learn and people to team with that we can all learn more at once.... I still like hildafon even though I did buy all the dlc I need to learn each char... Archers destroy me but tanks can get past the fire if I got a medic near.
  12. xshammas

Hildifons is just an awful character, but almost the perfect troll behind Felgrom.
  13. joker

joker Active Member

For the record although same genre, comparing LoL to GoME is a travesty. The LoL map is much more intricate and involving, class structure matters much more, teamwork is much more important, power ups and gold bonuses are more important and need more timing, it doesn't lag, there's like 130 characters, heat of the moment battle mechanics are extremely responsive and you are capable of doing more per character, the gold and upgrade system, you can't snowball nearly as easily and making pushes take real coordination and teamwork, the list goes on and on.

This being said its positive and negative in a way trying to convince people to try it. LoL has a more dedicated community and much higher skill gap than all 3 games so beginners get killed and frustrated. GoME you can pick up and be competitive in like an hour, so if it's dirt cheap and you are at all curious it's worth trying, but don't stray from it bc it's the same genre of LoL, it's so much more diluted.

In terms of necessary teamwork, I'd say it's easily LoL > MNC > GoME. There's just not much variable in GoME and snowballing is huge.
  14. notgunked

notgunked Active Member

LeadLP, GC, and ActionMov just got it :)
  15. joker

joker Active Member

I think it's still on my harddrive lol... Maybe il entertain it a bit again