Galactic war soon?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by wafflemannom, December 23, 2013.

1. wafflemannom

wafflemannom New Member

Hey, I was wondering when the "Galactic war" mode might be out. When I first saw the PA trailer, I loved it. (That's why I have it) Throughout the trailer, I thought it was great, But galactic war sealed the deal. I'd REALLY want to be playing in the epicness of a galaxy, so that's why I'd thought I should ask. All I want (Beside galactic war, of course) Is a close-enough time. Also, if you forgot about galactic war, I hope I atleast reminded you to keep working on it.

Thanks in advance
  2. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

There are too many things to do. I would have thought that galactic war is so far down their list that they will not get to it until after february or later. At least i hope so anyway. We are missing many things like ladders, units, social functions such as friend lists and chat lobbys.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  3. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Not for a while yet, I'm afraid.
  4. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Neutrino recently made a post about the status of the game, he mentioned GW as part of it.

It's clearly not ready yet, but it appears there's been plenty of work on it already.
  5. wafflemannom

wafflemannom New Member

Thanks for the info, guys. I hope i can wait until then. :p
  6. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Keep in mind that GW is primarily a Metagame from what we know so far, so it won't be drastically different from regular games fundamentally.

Mike
  7. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Why would you need a fully functional game to develop a meta game on top of it? I would assume GW can be developed basically simultaneously to the main game, as it is pretty independent. The quote from neutrino suggests the same thing.
  9. KNight

KNight Post Master General

It's kinda the same thing as balance, it can be worked on side by side but there are some complications that do need to be accounted for, a Meta game is easier in that regard but the complications could still be present.

Mike
    brianpurkiss likes this.