Still not working in linux.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by keyxmakerx, December 22, 2013.

1. keyxmakerx

keyxmakerx Member

I have a i7 3700 something, and intel 4000 hd. Using steam, and kde on kubuntu. Game crashes upon startup and cursor is still jagged out.
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

3. keyxmakerx

keyxmakerx Member

Fixed it thank you bunches, will they be applying that into the actual game soon?

Also how about a fix for the curor all messed up? >.<
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

No. My workaround just remove rendering of features on planet surface and this is why it's not crash. Still I have no idea if crash caused by Mesa bugs or game bugs. I'm not professional 3D/C++ programmer and for me I'ts will take months to debug it.

If somebody can confirm it's PA bug then devs will fix it. I'll be happy to submit report to internal bugtracker.

If it's mean bug then it's have to be reported to Mesa bugtracker:
    http://mesa3d.org/bugs.html
    Obviously report "XXX crashing" is useless.

As I said fix in my signature:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...tu-12-04-13-04-13-10.53019/page-2#post-814965

There same story as with other open source driver bugs: somebody have to investigate it and understand what's going wrong.
  5. keyxmakerx

keyxmakerx Member

Which is why I love opensource, but. Where do I add his code for the remedy? Or do I just use yours? I'm in college for server admin, not programming X3
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Open source don't make it's easier to debug/fix bugs if you don't have required skills. E.g I know bug with sun on R600g drivers, but to be fair for me it's pretty hard even build it with LLVM compiler. I just don't have more time to learn this code and understand why my custom-built drivers not work as I excepted.

There also "black lines" on textures which related to anisotropic filtering, but it's just damn hard to understand how exactly it's work in Mesa and how I can toggle it off/on. I spend 3-4 hours trying different options and flags, but in final give up for same reason.
  7. keyxmakerx

keyxmakerx Member

O.O wayyyy over my head hun. but, where do i add his code? For the fix for the mouse?
  8. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Here: media/ui/alpha/start/start.js
    But there is mod in this thread and you can use it instead.
  9. keyxmakerx

keyxmakerx Member

yrrep has a post on it with what looks like a fix, but I don't know where his code goes? Do it go inside start.js? or Do I use the one I downloaded?
  10. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, it goes inside the start.js file. Just plunk it at the top or bottom and it should work. Keep in mind that the start.js file is read-only, so you need to change the permissions first.
    SXX likes this.
  11. keyxmakerx

keyxmakerx Member

Works now, thanks guys, sorry for being such a fly on the wall! <(=^..^=)7