Orbiting moons

Discussion in 'Support!' started by freemanj, December 20, 2013.

1. freemanj

freemanj New Member

Every time I make a system, I cannot get the moons to keep orbiting a main planet. I set them to o so, I run the simulate button and everything is fine, then I load the system up to play, and everything revert back to an orbit around the sun. Then I go to load the system up again, and it has changed all the orbits to around the sun. I have searched all over the place and have not found this issue with anyone else yet. Anybody?
  2. Ortikon

Ortikon Active Member

the simulate button is utilizing a physics feature based on the mass, velocity etc. It is not how the orbital mechanics of the game will play out.
    It is there because the engine can.
    The orbital paths will be locked to how you have it when you save and be circular orbits. For now at least.
  3. freemanj

freemanj New Member

See they dont do that though. I know it is only a simulation. But The paths are NOT saved. Whether I simulate it or not. I only put that to keep people from telling me to. The issue is that all planets will orbit the sun, no matter how i save their orbital paths. If i save it with them orbiting a planet, so i can use Interplanetary nukes, they will automatically start orbiting the sun once the game starts. And THEN i go back to the system manager, and they have changed themselves, to not be what they were saved as.
  4. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

Did you make the mass of the center planets higher???
  5. freemanj

freemanj New Member

Yeah, in general, the center planet will be at least 500 or 600 radius larger.
  6. freemanj

freemanj New Member

its the damnedest thing, cause every other person I know is able to make their systems properly, and games with only single planets in orbit is getting kinda boring now