ProTips for the Non Pro

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Saint Mudknot, January 19, 2011.

1. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

I think it is important for some new Protips to be made for new people joining MNC. There are still a lot of Tips that could come up on loading screens that we dont see now. I understand it is important to Never attempt to pet a burning dog, however it might be more important to tell players

"Use the Annihilator to clear enemy bots/damage the jackbot"(this affected me when i started)

"The Assassins Smoke bomb can be used too super jump"(I still hear new players having to tell other players about this one)

"The (!) symbols are $50 traps for enemys and bots"(....i didnt know what an ejector was for the looooongest time)

"Players with swirling birds above their heads have decreased movement speed"(Obvious but might want people to be aware of players that have been slammed/ejected)

If you all have some quality protips that you can see being helpful feel free to add it in here. With all the new players now coming to MNC thanks to the 600msp day they are going to bring friends of their own in and the chain continues.
  2. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

ProTip: The Supports H/H gun also heals teammates. Not just your Firebase.
  3. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

I hate that
    You sit next to him and he is sill over healing his fully over healed FB :|
  4. DonnyD

DonnyD New Member

- Bullets hurt
    - Fire burns
    - Don't jump of the edge
    :lol:

I'm just kidding. The only tip I feel like I always repeat to new players is the Assassin's hum. They are always like, "No way! You can hear them?". Little do they know how paranoid I used to be when you could hear friendly cloaked Assassins.
  5. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

I learned to play the game as Assassin, i am a player who doesnt listen closely for the hum when im off the class. However this would make a good point

ProTip:"Cloaked Assassins hum to enemy players, create dust trails when dashing, and have a blur while cloaked"
  6. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

Yeah... Too many times have I seen people ON FIRE running around a support who acts like nothings there. It really bothers me for some reason. LoL
  7. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

You're lucky I am lazy and that it's now the job of Hudson and Jessup to tell you there is already a thread about this somewhere.

The best Protip ever:
    "Destroying enemy bots is crucial."
  8. xknight2099

xknight2099 Member

But my firebase needs healing or it will explode!

Just like this kablam!!! :shock:

Protip: Bots are the only one that can bring the moneyball down

Protip: if you have an airstrike stuck on you try and run under a bridge or cover or at the support that through it.

Protip: if you have an airstrike stuck to you run away from teamates, not at them.
  9. DeadStretch

That's a nice one.
  10. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

From now on im just gonna ask you if a thread already exists
  11. Einarath

Einarath New Member

Same here actually. I never pay attention to the hum, but it generally doesn't matter. I find that I can always see an Assassin despite the cloak. Maybe just because I play Assassin so much I know where they'll most likely be moving or something.

A good one indeed. Yesterday I had an Assassin on my team that ran to the enemy base, and began jumping and slashing at the moneyball until they were killed. I shook my head and went back to bot-spawn-killing.
  12. DeadStretch

13. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

My pro tips would be:

1. There is more than one way to get to a certain location on the map.

2. Never do the same thing more than twice.

3. Retreat and prepare to defend the moneyball if you are being overrun.

4. Learn to use grapples to their full advantage.

5. Try different combinations of endorsements. Sometimes it helps to try out all the common combinations to see what works best for you.
  14. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

"Don't jump over the edge of the map to deny your enemy a kill. You give them both something to laugh over and an extra $50."

Three people have jumped off the map on me today. Watching a Sniper sprint to the edge and hurl himself off is fantastic.
  15. MagnumVeritan

MagnumVeritan New Member

- Firebases stay even if you kill the support who set it up. Assault bombs and sniper traps however go away should you kill the user.

It really surprised me how many times i see folks worrying about an area they think is trapped when their attacker has already been killed.
  16. Ellamin

Ellamin New Member

-Grappling enemy blackjacks will kill them in one hit. Therefore, if one is close to the moneyball and is about to jump on, grab it. Don't shoot it.

-Your mortar and grenade launcher are usually more effective on bots and turrets than your assault rifle and mini-gun. Stop wasting your bullets and switch weapons.
  17. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

Assault bombs are destroyed, but sniper freeze traps still remain after death. I play sniper, I should know.
  18. McBradders

McBradders New Member

I've been playing since launch and had no freaking idea :lol:
  19. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

No they don't. If you played Sniper and tried to defend your Moneyball with an Ice Trap only to die just before a bot triggers it, you'd know they just waltz onto the glowing orb of cash.
  20. Nayr

Nayr New Member

- Melee bots, easy juice.
    - Don't destroy LB turrets when you have a high level tank, or one with a brain
    - Always have the high ground when possible
    - Listen, if you don't have headphones just turn your volume up a bit
    - Check around you from time to time, good awareness is pretty key
    - Keep track of where you see enemies going, easy to predict where they'll be in a moment
    - Don't camp back, control the map and the bot lanes. Only push back if you need to get your money ball back up or help your teammates from getting spawn killed