Monday Night Combat 2 Rumors

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by teapot, December 16, 2013.

1. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I didn't believe it at first, but it may be in the works. However the more I read into the rumors, the more disappointed I'll be.

here's the thread that was posted in SMNC forums..

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/monday-night-combat-2-confirmed.54816/#post-839542

I've always felt uber should have pushed the **** out of the futuristic gameshow/sport idea, especially with the boom in "e-sports". They probably didn't realize how balanced their game was or how much competitive merit it had, but they failed showcase how awesome this game can be at a top level.

If this is true, I just bet that they don't screw it up.
  2. botpunch2les

botpunch2les Active Member

I bet they f*ck it up hard.
  3. teapot

If there was some sort of interaction with the community I'd have more faith. I'm putting my money on fail as well.
  4. botpunch2les

I understand the whole thing with Micro$oft, but the way they handled it was terrible.

I don't even want MNC2 anymore.

I got more than my money's worth with MNC.
  5. teapot

I still want MNC2 I just don't want SMNC 2.
  6. botpunch2les

SMNC was a huge let down.

It was nothing ANY MNC fan wanted.
  7. Nap

Nap Well-Known Member

MNC fan here. SMNC was everything I didn't even know I wanted and more
    jbeetle likes this.
  8. botpunch2les

You have no idea what you want.

Point proven.
  9. Nap

Nap Well-Known Member

Well, your point has clearly been proven. Can't argue with that
  10. botpunch2les

I'm glad you finally see things my wa...errr...the right way.
  11. feedle

feedle Post Master General

lol
    circle of light sings for you
  12. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Any MNC player who would have cared no longer visit the forums.
  13. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Xbox MNC players didn't want SMNC. Mostly because it was not on the Xbox. I would have enjoyed it - the biggest thing I didn't like was the PC interface. The lobby system, the items, the class making, match making, the text chat, etc. were all crap when compared to the simple and - dare I say - elegant interface of the 360.

The game itself was actually perfectly fine; now there is a game like GoME on the 360, people might be willing to try a game like it from third person shooter perspective, where you have to use teamwork and coordination to make small but important things happen as opposed to the one man army game play we have now...

On the flip side, look at GoME again - no one plays it, because you CAN NOT play it alone effectively. The best players solo will put up a fight but ultimately lose to a moderately coordinated team, and sometimes you just want to pub alone...

All they need to do to make people on the 360 happy is the following;

Take MNC
    Deal with some balance issues (some have been adressed on PC already, but there are more)
    Rework the lobby system, particularly for custom games
    Add a vote system
    Throw in some new maps that are NOT gimick maps where the map itself is the enemy
    And of course, make the netcode decent

That's pretty much it. I would be happy with that. You can add new characters if you really want, but they are not needed.
    Hell, here is a free one for Uber; allow only one of each character in a game. Make your game free to play, but no custom character slot. Each character slot is $2. I guarantee I would give them like $50 in character slots if they fixed some of the balance issues that would allow variable classes to be worth while, instead of the cookie cutters that we all use.
  14. DeadStretch

I would say most of the interface features that were lacking in SMNC were due to there being already better programs for free out there. Steam Chat Overlay, Mumble.

You can't really say the Xbl Guide System is part of MNC.

Please no Free to play. It just doesn't work with these kind of "big" games.
  15. RandomToon

I agree - the problem was there was no "unified" experience, or at least the unified one sucked. Let's look at MMORPG's. Sure, you had text chat; but DDO had in game voice chat. Everyone used it, everyone liked it (or at least could hear you) and you knew how to get in touch with the people you picked up because letting the cleric know he is wasting mana trying to heal your warforged in a colorful fashion is important. WoW didn't have it at first, so you ended up only playing with guildies you liked because they were the ones who knew how to log in the Ventrillo server while the others dicked around on the Teamspeak server, and if the guy who ran the server had a power outage everyone was sad. The interface handed to you was **** is all I meant.

I agree, no F2P, I am not a fan. But, Uber seems to think it is the bomb, so it was an idea to get their dicks hard over and is much more functional than "OMG a new hat!!"
  16. DeadStretch

I think the f2p model was more a "flavor of the month" thing then them thinking it is the bomb. Afterall SMNC is their only free to play game currently. Unless you count Moon Breakers as well which they only Published.
  17. teapot

I just don't like low lethality games. I hated how the halo series progressed. They did everything in their power to make shooting easier, and strip the individual of any empowerment. You can still start everyone at a level playing field and incorporate mechanics that allow for a skill gap.

That's why I disliked MNC. I've seen plenty of pub matches, and I generally didn't like what I see. However, I don't base my judgements of that solely. I've seen a couple skill plays and organized matches and I just don't enjoy that slow stalemate game style. It's about getting that one pick on veteran or trapping that one person who over extends. When that happens, there's almost nothing to take advantage of. Teams don't get aggressive enough because how low the lethality is.

They gave each class niche roles while stripping it's power to do anything solo. People say it's a team game so individuals shouldn't have that much of an effect, but I disagree. You can still have very balanced classes that are all empowered enough to do multiple jobs, and have a chance against anyone. I've seen shammas' sniper take out close range gunners. I've had a complete advantage on assault swooping in behind a gunner only for them to be able to turn and take me out. I've been half health on tank just to get charged by their assault who should have the easy pick, only for me to land 4-5 consecutive rail gun shots and kill him. He had the complete advantage in that sense, I just happened to land all my shots and was rewarded as so. I've watched good assassin's play circles around tanks and even slay them easily. The only class that isn't as versatile is the support, which in competitive play still serves a huge role.

This game had to be balanced by accident. I seriously doubt they thought it would work out as well as it did. All the cries on this site after the patch about classes being OP are a joke. The assault is just the easiest class to pick up and do well on, it's hardly OP when you have a decent gunner.

I'm sick of games trying to limit the individual skill gap.
  18. RandomToon

Fair enough.
  19. RandomToon

Hey Teapot - did you know you are member #4719? DeadStretch, you are member #3136. I am member #1002215...boy, talk about getting into the game late...
  20. RandomToon

Double post - how does one delete a message?