Seeing the mouse cursors of your teammates

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ORFJackal, December 16, 2013.

1. ORFJackal

ORFJackal Active Member

Currently in team matches, you often see situations that two players try to control the same units, and they give them conflicting commands multiple times before one of the players yields. Could those situations be reduced if the players would see better that what the other players are doing? For example show the mouse cursors of your teammates, what units they have selected, and the visual feedback of them commanding units (i.e. those green arrows and the flashing of the mouse cursor). Maybe also show that which area of the world the other players are looking at.
    Last edited: December 16, 2013
    hearmyvoice, cdrkf, LordQ and 2 others like this.
  2. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

While this could be avoided to a degree by communicating over Teamspeak or such, I imagine it could still happen even then. I would be all for this, though I can't say I know how difficult it would be to implement.
  3. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I wouldn't mind an option to see a little flag over units showing you which player has most recently controlled it. Combined with the mouse cursor, this could help a lot.
  4. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Yeah absolutely, highlights around units/coloured movement lines too to make it clear who is doing what. Absolutely essential.
  5. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Do people think that alliance will be played much once team armies is released? Think the cursor could be distracting but other suggestions could only help.
  6. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I still plan to play alliance. The challenge of coordinating like that really makes the game interesting to me. Some of my favorite games have been alliance games where both teams are using teamspeak.
  7. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I really like the highlights around units.

I also think that pings will help things out a lot when they're implemented.