Introducing the Planetary Vanguards

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cola_colin, December 12, 2013.

1. ghostflux

ghostflux Active Member

In this context, calling people "haters" is the same as saying that there are people here are against the idea just because they can be against it, rather than having proper reasons for opposing it. But this is not the case here, there were clear reasons to question the nature of this group.

Most of which have been answered already, so that's a good thing. But I don't fancy being called a "hater" just because I ask for some clarity before I am in favour of something.
    cmdandy and thekiller666 like this.
  2. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

To add on what ghost said, even as a clique, they are making efforts to show that they are not just forwarding a "PV" agenda with the game. With the news letter we can get a sample of how they will collect posts and send information to Uber.

It could be nicer for uber to get a newspaper article of the good stuff on "all of the forums not just this one" and then relay the uber response back once they get one.

Lets give a try shall we?
  3. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "all of the forums"?
  4. Timevans999

Timevans999 Active Member

You haven't been a member for long enough I think.
  5. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

Well, I was thinking since SXX is very active on the Steam forums he might grab some ideas that come from there.

Then there is this flowchart that @garat made.

Forums ------------v
    Vanguards ----> Uber <----- Rest of community (reddit, facebook, twitter, coffee shop)
    Steam -------------^

If you guys want to do a test run on purely the Uber Forums I wouldn't be against it, but I was making the assumption you guys would try your best to grab all forms of communication. Maybe that is a little far reaching...
    DeadStretch likes this.
  6. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I have never once asked to be apart of the vanguard. I have never once asked the vanguard to disband.

I have in fact stated several times that I support the Vanguard and have been pushing for something like it for months. All I am trying to do is improve the quality and efficiency of the Vanguard. And at this point, I'm doing the Vanguard's job since they're ignoring the community, which is their job. I would be saying everything I have said whether I was a vanguard member or not.

Those that are speaking out, like myself and thekiller666, are not haters nor are we trying to ruin anything. We have both stated several times that we support the Vanguard and we're just trying to fix the many issues with the vangaurd.

Your arguments are invalid.
    Armstro and thekiller666 like this.
  7. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

You got any proof they're ignoring the community, or is that something you made up in order to further your own arguments?
  8. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

It's a valid concern.

Allow me to state in an official capacity as a Planetary Vanguard:

We will be publicly publishing our first update/newsletter to Uber in the interests of transparency. No timescale is known at this time.
    thekiller666 likes this.
  9. brianpurkiss

Read most anything the Vanguard has said in this thread and in my other thread.

They are dismissing and ignoring the concerns.

And ZaphodX also just agreed that it is a valid concern. There's further proof.

I shall reiterate once again (and maybe I should just do this in every post since people continue to ignore this). I am for the Vanguard. I have been pushing for something like this for months and have even volunteered to step up in the community. I am only trying to improve the community and the game. I am also a member of the realm and have contributed large amounts to the community.
  10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

So let me reiterate it as well: We know that people are not all happy. That much is clear. That's why we are working on setting up a real good first info post, to prove concerns are baseless.
    No matter what we say by now critics just throw at us "you are ignoring the concerns".
    We can't get rid of the concerns by posting. The last few days have shown as much. So give us some time to actually show actions instead. That cannot be done as fast as posting even more walls of text, actions usually are worth more than words.
  11. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

A Official thread pointing out the current plans for the Vanguard could be a good start. ;)

Who wants to read multiple pages of threads to find what they are looking for or to know everything that has been stated?
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  12. brianpurkiss

It'd be pretty easy actually.

A few Vanguard members have even done this.

"We recognize there are issues and we're taking your suggestions and are working on fixing things. Thanks for the ideas and discussion. Here is what we're doing. ____"

Rather than what most of the Vanguard members are doing the following, "There's no issues. We won't do what you're claiming. Why are you questioning us? Your concerns are wrong. You should just be quiet and give us time and trust us to do stuff even though we're not saying we'll do anything or even recognize the validity of your concerns."

(Paraphrase for a point)
    cmdandy and igncom1 like this.
  13. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

You just keep saying that we are ignoring you, I feel the same is true for you. To me it feels you ignored everything we say.
    So I guess no matter what any party says we will keep going in circles. So let's stop this ridiculous discussion now please and let's wait a bit so we can show action. Our words seem to be ignored after all, so let our actions speak.
  14. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Looking forward to the newsletter and learning what methods you may have used to sort the chosen content from all the other content.
    Armstro likes this.
  15. brianpurkiss

Talked on comms with a bunch of the Vanguard and cleared things up.
    Clopse, Raevn and cola_colin like this.
  16. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Heck I don't even know what this Realm stuff is. A clan?

Someone posting after me doesn't make for proof, it just means they're willing to talk things out with you. Which they did. After you went and slated them repeatedly until you got such a reply.

That's not how to do things. Not for the Vanguards, not for anyone. I severely dislike people who resort to slander just to get information out of someone.
    rorschachphoenix and nanolathe like this.
  17. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Well this was a whole lot of drama over nothing.
  18. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Welcome to the PA community ;)
  19. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Well I am sorry that I care enough to take part.
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  20. lazlopsylus

lazlopsylus New Member

So, you're saying that the concerns that a number of community members have over this new group are unimportant and shouldn't have even been voiced? Wow, I'm not going to lie, that just stings and makes me (and probably a decent number of others) hesitate to involve myself with this community. People had valid concerns, and they wanted answers. You just basically said to sweep them under the rug, ignore them, and just treat it as "drama" to be forgotten. Nice work telling everyone that not everyone's opinion is equal.

I originally didn't want to post on the matter of the Vanguards, but comments like that just make me want to stop associating with this community, so I feel the need to make a point about this. Everyone has a right to have their opinion heard and their questions asked, even if you don't personally agree that the questions are necessary. What happened here is not "drama over nothing". It was community members with legitimate concerns and questions, which deserve the same amount of respect as everyone else's. Don't label them as unimportant, because that's just making users think twice about ever sharing their thoughts.

On a different note, good to see things have settled down for now between the Vanguards and the community. I'm personally on the fence about the Vanguards, as I see the arguments of both sides. At this point, time will tell whether the Vanguards will actually work out, or if it needs to be roped in and something else needs to be tried instead. Just holding out that it won't end up proving the concerns of some of the community true.