New Planetary Nukes

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Telvi, December 11, 2013.

?

What's your choice

Poll closed January 8, 2014.
  1. Leave it like it is

56.1%
  2. New designed unit special for PN

41.5%
  3. Completely new building which can only builded on a moon

2.4%
  1. Telvi

Telvi Member

One thing i've not tested is it possible to fire a nuke from the planet to the moon?
    If not this would be bad because you go to the moon build a massive amount of nukes there without thinking about an big attack.

I think a nuke must be a special special weapon at this time its much to easy to get.
  2. fouquet

fouquet Active Member

lets change it from nuke launcher to "strategic missile" launcher

makes more sense for multiple missile types.

i like the suggestions so far.

Tactical Nuke for high damage low aoe. good for building/comm sniping

Jericho for wide aoe medium damage. good for army killing

Napalm for wide aoe long duration low damage over time. for for area denial

EMP for very wide aoe unit and building long stun. knocks out shields for a twice as long as the stun

for counters i really really want to push for layer shields as in 1 shot one layer. stationary 4 layer shields, mobile 2 layer shields. regenerates 1 layer every 2 seconds. very weak against concentrated fire but very strong against slow firing artillery. and if the enemy over invests in shields you can use EMP strategic missiles to knock them out.

would solve a lot of the artillery turtling we are seeing
    mishtakashi likes this.
  3. logon

logon Member

That is almost how Zero-K has it, 1 launcher 4 slots EMP, Tac Nuke(small nuke) , Napalm and something more(can't remember)
  4. Gunman006

Gunman006 Member

Not sure if this has been implemented yet or is planned but my biggest issue with the nukes is that they launch at the same time, a better system would be to have them function like in RoN where you could have i.e 8 launchers in one control group and every right click launched one nuke/missile instead of all launching at the same time.
    beer4blood likes this.
  5. okeanos

okeanos New Member

Just because there exist sad people I dont feel like I can let the sadness win, so I have to beat them :)
    beer4blood likes this.
  6. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

great idea.......

Uh oh seems we have Mike started on another nukes are boring rant ;) I was thinking interplanetary to come from the orbital launcher but multiple missiles from the same launcher are cool.....
  7. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

The term you are looking for is smartcasting, and it is a wonderful thing.
  8. adeets

adeets New Member

Just say no to shields, just let it die in the past where it belongs.

Also for those worried about getting nuked off a moon... Build anti nukes, kinda like you build a catapult and umbrella nets, and if they have enough of a economy surplus that they can out nuke your ability to regenerate your anti nukes, you deserve to lose because your on your last foot anyways, and the game should have ended prolly 2 hours ago.

Just my very valid 2cents.
  9. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

I really would prefer this.

plus there's a problem with the whole "orbiting" thing.

two planets that are orbiting the sun can be set up to have orbits with a gap between the two orbits that is smaller than the distance between two planets orbiting each other.

Why does it have to be "orbiting each other"? isn't the idea of having once a solar loop a 'planetary drive-by' fun too???

I think it should be a matter of distance, not a mater of whether they're orbiting each other or not, it would allow for much more gameplay possibilities.
    corteks likes this.