Ok, Why Not? Anyone Play Minecraft Here?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by StriderHoang, January 19, 2011.

1. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

I've enjoyed Minecraft since early last year. It was pretty exciting playing an incomplete game with such charm that was also receiving updates weekly.

I especially play it now whenever I'm rendering videos so it leaves my laptop busy. I get on my centuries old desktop computer and boot up Minecraft and build something nonsensical or go spelunking for precious metals.

Anyone else?
  2. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

This embarasses me, this hunk o' shiola can't play minecraft without fog on all the way :cry: . I WOULD, though.
  3. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

**** yeah! I play Minecraft.

Haven't played the latest version (been too busy playing MNC).
  4. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Wow, that's... surprising.

I have it on normal render distance with the fast graphics option.

Here's an example of what I've made.
  5. CrazyCarl

CrazyCarl New Member

I love Minecraft, the only problem with me though is that I'm not super creative...and by that I mean not really at all. But I still find it very fun.
  6. CrazyCarl

CrazyCarl New Member

I have to play it on my brothers computer because mine lags terribly at complete lowest settings.
  7. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

So neither the client nor the in-browser versions work well on your preferred computer? I prefer playing it on the client because Java does weird things to me sometimes.

Still, if you lack creativity, you'd be surprised at the discovery you can get out of this game. I'm still surprised at what I can find in the game, like digging randomly in search of iron ore only to stumble across a huge, randomly formed cave structure with a freak'in waterfall pouring down it.

Than you go further down and find eeriely spacious caverns with overhangs, lava pits, and diamond deposits.

Yeah, kind of makes me want to put down money for Fraps. If there are two things big on YouTube it's Black Ops (unfortunately) and Minecraft.
  8. CrazyCarl

CrazyCarl New Member

Well my computer has basically the worst graphics card possible, but I'm not complaining it was a Christmas present.

But yeah I have fun with it despite my inability to build cool things, but that doesn't stop me! I have made a pretty cool house on the water (but those darned creepers still get to me :evil: ) with a diving board that goes as high as the game allows me to go.

And yeah just adventuring is fun, I really went on a diamond run in a mine that I was literally digging in for 45 minutes before I called it quits.
  9. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

I've been working on a floating island. Will post results.
  10. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I found a huge island only held up by a small bridg in one of my worlds. I might build a little castle on it.

Minecraft is awesome but I really haven't played enough lately with the MNC beta out.
  11. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

That reminds me, I've run into instances of chunks of land just floating in mid-air being randomly generated as well.
  12. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

The beta does that now, things are made a little more interesting. A mate created a server, I joined and spawned on the side of the most amazing lagoon. I'm not going to touch the trees or anything there - it was too epic to destroy.
  13. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

I've finally finished building my beautiful hou-SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  14. BMSTed

BMSTed New Member

I play in a RPPVP server. Hilarity ensues every time I burn someones house down or rig it to explode.
  15. Ian

Ian New Member

My netbook can't run Minecraft :|
  16. monmaker

monmaker Active Member

I just started playing it two days ago and it's FUN! xD
    I built my house on top of this really big tree, then spent about and hour destroying all the trees right underneath it so that it's easier to spot at a distance. anyways when i was trying to find my spawn spot earlier i got lost and looked up at the night sky... to see my floating house ablaze T_T managed to get back there shortly before the fire consumed all of the wood and used some mossy cobblestone to build the floor this time >_<
    Needless to say i was sad when i saw nothing but a few floating logs, glass, workbench etc. T_T