Search Feature?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by SeeRed15, December 11, 2013.

1. SeeRed15

SeeRed15 New Member

Hey, I don't know if this is a planned feature or something like it is, but I had an idea while playing SupCom. In SupCom, there's the picture of the unused units you can select that's really helpful. Well, what if in PA there was a unit search feature where there'd be a search box that you could type the unit name in and all of those units would be selected? Does that seem like a good idea to anyone else?
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Why search?

There's keyboard shortcuts for selecting units.

And there's a way to select unused fabricators.
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

What?
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  4. dangoofed

dangoofed Member

Uhm, either a bot or a translator. Anyway, sneaking that into the ui doesn't seem like it would be that bad, I kind of miss Supcoms Ui, there was something very natural about it
  5. dangoofed

dangoofed Member

Oh! I think what he was trying to post was along the lines of "I thought about this and from what I can tell I think I agree with what the poster said" or something like that, I don't know why anyone but a computer would ever think to use the word "noesis", defo some kind of weird language script work going on
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  6. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

I have no idea what is going on in SupComs UI. I actually find PAs easier to use. Guess I should do more research into how to tale best advantage of it and so on.
  7. SeeRed15

SeeRed15 New Member

Ahh, didn't realize there were so many shortcuts I could use. Even though I know them now (and they're very useful), implementing some UI tools from SupCom wouldn't be too bad. Well, more than they already have that is.