The problem Uber will have to overcome with a disc sequel

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by PlumbumTheEpic, January 18, 2011.

1. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

Not changing enough will cause the game to suck

Changing too much will cause it to not be a sequel.

Although I have all faith that Uber can pull it off, it'll be one hell of a tightrope wallk.
  2. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

I think we'll be fine as long as we don't make it suck. Disks are so 2010 though.
  3. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

Not making it suck tends to help. :mrgreen:

We're all backing MNC 2, on HD-DVD! :lol:
  4. Nayr

Nayr New Member

They don't necessarily have change all that much to make a sequel.

Improved graphics, no frame rate lag, more bots to spawn, more gametypes, A LOT MORE MAPS, and maybe some alternate teams with another set of characters for each class. There's a lot of possibilities. Uber wouldn't have to add more classes or redesign what they have. Just fix all the current problems and add a lot of options and stuff to make the game feel more like a 60 dollar title. They might have to make a mediocre SP for anyone to take it seriously, god forbid a gaming world in which almost everyone is online, whether it be through their gaming console, pc or phone that we have a MULTIPLAYER ONLY game. ****, reviewers whine their *** off over an amazing MP with little to no SP.

Not sure what happened to games like Counterstrike, Unreal Tournament or Quake that were carried by their competitive MP.
  5. CosmicGreat1

CosmicGreat1 New Member

3 way team battles and it'll be a great sequel
  6. FoxGuy3001

FoxGuy3001 New Member

Cartridges are where its at dawg!
  7. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

2011 is making it inside LBP2 :)
  8. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I say screw discs and 'campaign'. Blitz is great fun and even better when you play with friends! A $60 game (do you really pay that much for new Xbox games... o_O) would need loads of additional content like a story or campaign, render scenes, printed manual, DVDs and what not.

Imo it's better for a small Indie developer to focus on what they are good at. In Uber's case that would be making the game awesome fun, humor, unique art style, animations and sound.

If the budget for MNC 2 were larger, I'd rather have more arenas, pros, Mickey Cantor lines, more tools for dedicated servers... That is stuff you will notice in every single match. Story missions, manuals and DVDs are pretty much a one time thing. Once used they don't add much to the gameplay. They are however very expensive to produce and take loads of developing time away from other things! Without those expenses Uber could probably make MNC 2 with the same content for actual gameplay and still sell it a lot cheaper.

Win win if you ask me...
  9. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

I think they could keep the game relatively the same but just make it... grander.

Grander like what, you say? How bout:
    • - Larger Arenas with more than two lanes and maybe sub-objectives to complete before actually downing the moneyball (think League of Legends).
      - More stuff to spend money on during the match: gear upgrades, bot upgrades, team buffs, etc
      - Neutral Turret hubs.
      - Multiple Skill "Trees" per class. (Each skill tree would have different face-button skills)
      - Arena Weather
  10. harpy515

harpy515 New Member

I was trying to think of a good way to say upgrade and this was better than anything I could think of in 20 seconds.

These 2 alone would make MNC2 great. (and fixing the current bugs)
  11. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

I like MNC concept as the death sport of the future. What if they expand the concept a bit and have their seemingly dominant television and entertainment control challenged by a new television network like DST (Death Sports Tonight). Then the idea of two teams of identical clones is changed to two teams of different but competing clones, like corporate softball tournaments but with more bullets and no worries about questions like "Is it legal?"

Hey, we could have MNC's coolheaded Hawaiian gunner versus DST's vaguely Eastern European gunner who has a penchant for violence and eats sand- oh wait no.
  12. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

skill trees like in ME2? Where when a skill is fully upgraded, you can choose between two different variations of the same skill?

Each player can choose a turret endorsement where the turrets he builds will have certain characteristics. (armor, RoF, range...)

4 teams (but you can only win by destroying the opposite moneyball) Opposing teams would gang up and help out whoever has their shields down.

Single player mode is hard to think of without playing crossfire against AI Pros
  13. CrazyCarl

CrazyCarl New Member

I'm for just improving whats already there, more arenas (some larger could be nice but I don't think they should get too much larger), more lines, and minor customization on your pros, not a lot, but like maybe for assassin, a different helmet and the ability to change your sports number on you.
  14. Undertaker4uplr

Undertaker4uplr New Member

I'd like to see:

-more arenas
    -8 vs 8 or 10 vs 10 matches
    -I'd love to see three teams agains eachother instead of 1 vs 1
    -More custimization options for your pro (what about a create a pro option)
    -More taunts
    -More types of bots and turrets to build
    -A "forge" mode like Halo 3/Halo REach would be so cool in this game
    -Most of all, the ability to watch replays of the match, and save clips of your matches
  15. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I think a MNC sequel would be awesome. I, personally, would like to see different ways to play. I think capture the flag, deathmatch, team deathmatch, and king of the hill would be great additions to crossfire and blitz. Crossfire and blitz are still a ton of fun, but they can get kinda boring after a while.

With Deathmatch and Team deathmatch, you could give the kill-farmers their place to shine.

King of the Hill would be cool if you had to keep your bots in a certain location to "control" the hill, and then once you control the hill, your bots stop spawning and you have to defend it for a certain period of time to win.

Capture the Flag would be great for objective-oriented players who are looking for a challenge.

Another thing I think would be cool is if you could "create a class." And what I mean by that is you create your character. Face, eyes, height, weight, armor color, etc. To balance this carefully, I think that taller and fatter characters should have more health, but be slightly slower in speed. Height and weight should influence stats. Then, assign weapons and armor through points. Here is an example: You have ten attribute points to distribute for speed, health, damage, and defence. Then you have 10 points to spend on abilities, and each ability is assigned a point value. Like a grapple throw costs 3 points, and a regular grapple costs two. A bomb costs 3 points, but freeze traps cost 5. The same thing with weapons. A sniper rifle costs 5 points and an SMG costs two. By limiting the amount of points a person could have, you could balance the game and give everyone a class to suit their playing style. Endorsements would still act like they do now, affecting armor, crit, and etc.

More maps would also be a great addition. I think the original maps are great, and they are as balanced as can be. I think that having destructible levels would be awesome. I think it would be cool to have grenades and mortars be able to blow through walls to open pathways for pros and bots to walk through. Different terrain and obstacles would be cool as well. Like one level should be in a rain forest, and another should be in an industrial junkyard. Having high and low points on a map would create strategic advantages and disadvantages to be worked around by both teams.

I think a single player mode would also be really cool. It would be awesome if you could have something similar to gladiatorial combat between teams and bots. You could lead your team to victory in the tournaments, or be a one-man wrecking crew in one vs. six fights.

Single player similar to halo would be interesting as well, but I don't think it would go with the theme of turret building and team work in the game.
  16. CrazyCarl

CrazyCarl New Member

I see where people are coming from with the create a pro deal, it would be cool for customization and such, but I think that should be left out, really it would be stripping the whole class base system which balances the game well. As the post above me said the fatter you are the more health you get, I don't think a tank sized pro should be dashing and assassinating people with a katana, I think classes are fine as is, and pros if anything should change cosmetically but nothing drastic. I mean they're clones, thats part of the setting, so its not surprising to see a million of the same person.
  17. RoboNinjaGuy

RoboNinjaGuy New Member

It could be like Brink's customization. If it's a heavy build for the guy/gal it could only be a tank or a gunner. Light builds would be only Assassin or Sniper. Medium builds would be Support or Assault.
  18. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

For a sequel, id have to say a female version for the 5 classes that are male would be funny and allowing male assassins as well. This would be cool to see and of course would be picked in the custom screen to make it non random, or random wouldnt be all that bad since the classes are clones and all play the same :D
  19. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

after thinking about it I don't think a retail MNC would work
    More of what we got would be awesome
  20. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Ok I did not read this thread at all...well except for the first 3-4 posts.

I had this thought the other day talking about Football with my dad.

Well see in the NFL there are two divisions, the NFC and the AFC, and what it basically means is the old teams and the new teams. During the regular season each division play within themselves and without getting into too much detail the Superbowl is basically the game to see who is the best team within both divisions.

Ok, now that that's out of the way my, somewhat lame, idea. So there's Monday Night Combat, which could be the "NFC." The next game could introduce the second division and then make a 3rd game where they come together as one big game. The Greatest of all Games. Expected within 10 years
    :D