Unable to play... (Internet Issue)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Danagor, December 6, 2013.

1. Danagor

Danagor Member

Hi, i'm having problems playing the game, i'm trying to play vs AI so i can enjoy the game, but once in the lobby the game is too slow, there is a RED dot to the right, i assume that's my connection status, well no matter what i do it won't change, i changed my server region, that won't help, closed all internet consuming apps like dropbox, i don;t know what to do...

Can't even change my commander, or my colors, nothing... and when i start playing the game takes forever, placing stuff is imposible, in other words i can't play... i'm stuck on Zaphadx YT channel so i can enjoy my game... please help T_T
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

No it's not. It's planet generation status. If you wait for a while it's turns green and then yellow.

Also can you please upload your DxDiag.txt?
  3. Danagor

Danagor Member

Oh i see, so i should wait how long before playing?

There's the dxdiag.txt hope it helps :)

Thanks for the quick help :D

Attached Files:

4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Actually on your hardware it's should generate 2-5 planets maps pretty fast.

Is it take long time for you?
  5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

6. Danagor

Danagor Member

Well it takes around 3-5min to get to green, thou changing commanders and colors it's still slow.

Oh yeah i'm using steam, let's try that launcher :) and the Optimization thing...
  7. Danagor

Danagor Member

Well this is going to take a whiel... the launcher is downloading the game again... i will reply my status as soon as i can...

On Steam i can play a little better now, thou the game still stutters while i'm playing, maybe that'll get fixed with the launcher and the threaded optimization
  8. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Stutters won't be fixed by launcher or driver settings because it's bandwidth throttling and it's related to your connection to server.

Still even generation of 5-6 big planets shouldn't take so much time on your hardware.
  9. Danagor

Danagor Member

Works Perfect :D :D :D

Thanks a lot for the help :)
  10. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Can you please check what exactly helped you? Threaded Optimizations or running though launcher?
  11. civilizedcivilian

civilizedcivilian New Member

Would be great if you could tell me how to get this launcher with my steam version as I received no key with mine.
  12. SXX

SXX Post Master General

You don't need to have key. When you running game though Steam once your UberNet account will be linked with Steam account.

After it's done you'll able to download game though launcher.
  13. civilizedcivilian

civilizedcivilian New Member

Well, I've run PA many times and it is probably linked to my Steam account but it still says I require a code.
  14. SXX

SXX Post Master General

You mean site ask for code or launcher itself?

You can try to re-link steam account manually:
    https://uberent.com/user/linksteam
    Then log out and login on Uber store again, it's should work. ;)
  15. Danagor

Danagor Member

Well, actually both helped a lot, since stuttering stoped using the launcher while performance was fixed with the Threaded optimization :) maybe the stuttering was not fixed because of the launcher but i checked my bandwith before playing and it was the same when i tryed the steam and the launcher... i used speedtest.net for that