Pre-Faction 3 Reveal Faction Name Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, December 5, 2013.

1. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

One possibility is centering this faction's name and lore around the supremacy of logic. That would provide a reason for this faction's goal of destroying all life since nature and biologics are illogical and driven by emotion. Anyway the logic-is-king robots is one group that is missing right now so this would work out quite well.
  2. Bastilean

Bastilean Active Member

Faction: Serenity, Divinity, Exterminatus, Terminatus

Leader: Prefect Kelvin, Perfection, Firehouse, Lothar
  3. pilg

pilg New Member

Faction: The Iron Scourge

Commander: Forge

"We will reshape this galaxy into its final form, one of unified perfection"
  4. yellowdisciple

yellowdisciple New Member

As the Progenitors are well the Progenitors... and they are the ones who were before, the new faction are the ones that take the universe left by them. So I suggest Successors and since there is this whole "machine thing" I would suggest something like Iron Successors or Silicon Successors. I really liked the idea of something with stainless from stainless steel. Ragnar the Stainless I belive it was. It shows the purity of the machine in the leaders name. It would go better with Iron Successors though ^^
  5. lapantouflemagic

lapantouflemagic Active Member

I had an idea of something like "the anvil", for the image of strenght, for the act of shaping something to your will in fire, shaping something made out of iron. :)
    the problem is that it lacks the "kill biologicals" idea, and something like "the eradicators" or "the purgers" seems too cliché to me.

i kind of like "League of Pacification" because of the paradox of waging war, but for peace, i think it matches this faction quite well.

but actually "Synchronous" is my favorite so far, it makes me imagine mechanic parts in a large machine, move step by step, synchronously, as we could expect from a world of machines, all working together, aligned on the same pace. it really gives a vision of their ultimate goal, i like that.

EDIT : also, the whole "robot society" keeps bugging me, they're toasters, not people, if you make them too much like humans, it kind of kills the purpose of them being machines, no ?
  6. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

I think successors would be a good concept for the fourth faction (if we aren't straight up having the progenitors as the fourth faction) as a pro-progenitor faction. Since the 3 we have so far certainly don't like progenitors at all.
  7. zerommo

zerommo New Member

I think inoxidable is a good theme since organic things tend to oxidate metals. It also keeps with the metal/element theme:

The Stainless Legion

Iridium Legacy (Iridium is awesome! it is the most corrosion resistant metal known! look on wiki)

Titanium Supremacy

Atomic Platinum WarMachines
  8. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

Also, i know the faction symbol thread is gonna be coming soon, but if we do decide to go down the path of these guys being kinda robo-nazis we totally need a Not! Swastika, for extra edgyness.
  9. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

How about: Emundans Collective it means Purifier Collective in latin
  10. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

I get the idea that this commander's ideology is communist, though I don't have quite enough evidence to support it... If that is the case his title should be "Comrade" or "Chairman".

Wait, he's not male or female, and he's a robot... Maybe "Chairbot" would be better.

Yes. "Chairbot [name]" would be an amazing title! XD
  11. zerommo

zerommo New Member

Commander name

Vita Annulo (life annihilation in latin) or
    Vita Deleo (deleo may mean deletion or annihilation which is kinda cool in the context of machines)
  12. TerrorScout

TerrorScout Member

Faction name: "The 13" or "13" (number changes with the number of commanders they have)
    leader: The First (or First of 13)

Is the transport it reactivated on a Metal planet?

Do they also extract all resources from the planet?
    that would make them like the replicators from StarGate SG1
  13. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Unified Machines for Perfection
    Perfection Protectorate
    Robot's Republic of Perfection

Fascist Fabbers

As for the commander:

T.U.G.O.M.
    The Ultimate Goal of Machines
  14. yellowdisciple

yellowdisciple New Member

Dosen't matter if the successor agrees with his predecessor or in this case the progenitor. He takes his inheritance and does whatever he likes with it.
  15. Nayzablade

Nayzablade Active Member

Faction Names:
    The Golden Forge
    Paradise Hammer
    The Scions of Fire
    The Haven Machine

Leader Names:
    Exterminesis
    Blackhammer
    Fireside
    Bioillogicus

Feel free to mix and match :)
  16. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

Executor Erom, leader of the Bitrise Operation
    (pun!)

Deleter Erom, leader of the Freed Memories

EPROM Erom of the E Prompt (A rap group)
  17. unix1985

unix1985 New Member

I think the name ought to reflect their contempt for biologics, or reflect a sort of defiance of them.

Faction: The Immunity
    Leader: Bastion / Barrier / Imperative
  18. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

No more latin please.

I like the idea of doing a bit of nod to the Core.
    Simple. Straightforward, and to the point.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  19. messiahwardark

messiahwardark New Member

I came up with this one name that has only one website linked to it according to google search. I made this up 100% off the top of my head and I hope you choose this because it is something completely new and not used has no meaning and any race of man can decide what fate the Uldentari will bring... (Ull-Den-Tar-E).
  20. angryweaponx

angryweaponx New Member

Faction: The Paragon