The MNCup Tournament

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by groundcontrol, November 3, 2013.

1. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Can teams get on this weekend? Maybe sunday late night?
  2. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

How late is late night? I can try.
    naka333 likes this.
  3. groundcontrol

groundcontrol Member

Doubt that any games will happen. I have only had my team all on one time. Either way this tournament brought back interest into privates and we have been having them non-stop recently.
  4. purplescratchy

purplescratchy Well-Known Member

we wshould really redo this. repick and see if it works.
  5. purplescratchy

This woulda been so fun.
  6. notgunked

notgunked Active Member

cant you just 1v1 everyone and see who is best because nowadays people focus on individuality anyway. Might as well just do a 1v1 tourney
    Last edited: February 13, 2014
  7. alextrebek2les

alextrebek2les Member

Will this tournament ever commence? I must say it sounded rather exciting.
  8. operatingdeck881572

operatingdeck881572 Active Member

lets do a mnc ammo mule / lazerazor hide and seek tournament. no assassin cloaking, no peeking
  9. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

I have always wanted a multiplayer hide and seek game.
    Last edited: February 18, 2014
  10. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

Bump.
    naka333 likes this.
  11. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

Teapot and I talked about trying to make teams with some of the new players that actually want to improve but I doubt we realistically have enough.
  12. purplescratchy

Yosh mw skill jerm chicken were actually talking about making a team a few nights ago
  13. teapot

Wheres the scheduling thread? I remember us being like the only ones actually organizing times and talking to people. Oh well.. It's funny to look back and see the rosters here. Everyone decided to split up and take in people then you have WTS coming in as a group lol. At least they were nice enough to give a new person like Murky a shot.

I wish Gxmbit stuck it out. He could have been a pretty good sniper and he already was able to hold his own in PM's despite playing so little. Yeah as of right now I don't think we have that many new players interested in improving or playing serious. Just like my roster in this thread my idea here is to give newer players a shot at competitive play and to increase the interest/grow the community a bit. Looks like WTS is back but not sure if there's much point in creating a team with players who have pretty much no experience.

I have one guy I'd like to team with who is pretty awful, but I hope to explain the game better to him and watch some videos. He understands what sin, tank, and assault is supposed to do but he's literally brand new. I could probably teach him support and he'd be just fine. I'd also like to play matches earlier if possible and get Ouiy back.

GobiNumb - Assault
    Ouiy - Gunner
    Why Ya Cryin - Sniper
    JupiterJonah - Sin/Support
    Teapot - Tank
    Disturbence - Sin

this could change a lot class wise, but is an idea to get these new guys some experience.

I think that team sounds way worse on paper than what it would be like in game except for my brand new guy Jupiter. I think WhyYaCryin is at a point where he's actually contributing to matches. He's definitely carrying more weight than he should for his level.

Nice to see you guys branch out and pick up someone who has had the game longer than you. Who came up with the team idea? I had mentioned it to Yoshi earlier in the week that if you guys really wanted Scratch in PM's that bad, create a team and maybe I'll get 5 other guys to play against you, considering there still doesn't seem like a point bringing you into any other matches.
    naka333 likes this.
  14. purplescratchy

WhyYaCryin has improved a **** ton. For your team, I was trying to get gobinumb as a replacement or even as a cheerleader.
  15. teapot

It's because he's been competing in shooters longer than most people here. I consider myself a good Halo player, but I consider him a better one. He calls out literally more than anyone I pick and he listens to call outs. If this kid had 1/4 the experience of everyone here I'm confident he'd be a top sniper.

If you want Gobi as a replacement sure, I don't see the point in making someone a new person a sub if you actually want to help them. I can understand if you guys just feel like winning but I would suggest possibly finding someone new yourself, or get literally any friends you have the game and try to teach them. You can always piggy back off of whoever I bring into privates add them, but that doesn't help sustain or grow our community.

If you do make a team that's probably the best thing, that way it's more a scrim and if you play passive for stats it won't matter as much as trying to pad K/Ds against new players.
    naka333 likes this.
  16. purplescratchy

After seeing that last team lineup you put, I realize ill just get ppl i enjoy playing with on my team. which is still me,chicken,jerm,yosh maybe a few others but on off class
  17. teapot

We know, I'm just saying it'd be great if you could do something to help the community but us expecting you to bring a friend into MNC is just like me saying I'll bring Bigfoot to your birthday party.

If you didn't team with those guys, do you think you can name a roster that would be happy to team with you?
    naka333 and xshammas like this.
  18. purplescratchy

Many
  19. xshammas

xshammas Well-Known Member

I think you're misinterpreting the definition of "happy".
  20. lolmontoya

lolmontoya Active Member

I would like to keep my position as cheerleader.