How Much Will Planetary Annihilation Cost at Release

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jzgamekid, November 30, 2013.

1. jzgamekid

jzgamekid New Member

Hi, I just wanted to know if anyone knew the price of Planetary Annihilation at release? THANKS GUYS!
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

So far nothing has been specifically stated as far as I know, but given the KS price I'd say it could be anywhere between 40-60$. Personally I'm expecting 50-55$ thought.

Mike
  3. jzgamekid

jzgamekid New Member

Would have Hoped it would be $20ish dollars like the Kickstarter price at minimum.
  4. KNight

My understanding was that the KS prices were more or less at a discount. Not to mention that PA has probably gone way beyond the scope of the kickstarter via pre-orders and sales and such.

Mike
  5. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

My guess would be closer to $40-45 but no one really knows for sure.
  6. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

7. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

My guess is $50. The preorder was $40 earlier, now it is $45, and $50 is the typical price for a full price non-AAA game.
  8. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I see you're new to the forums, and welcome!

In the future, you should check out the FAQ and do a search before posting.

There is no official release price as of yet. I'm guessing $40 or $50.

We'll see.
  9. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Brian, I don't think this is an appropriate post to pick up on the 'check the facts and do a search' line as you yourself said it- there is no official release price yet, ergo its a valid question...
    Bastilean likes this.
  10. brianpurkiss

Except the answer is already out there. There is no release price yet. Uber has specifically not given a release price – and this is asked frequently.
  11. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Well if this question is already answered in the FAQ thread. . . Why make a new thread for it?
    stormingkiwi and brianpurkiss like this.
  12. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

My issue with the 'its been asked before therefore keep quiet' attitude is 2 fold:

1: Once a thread is buried down the list of 100's of previous threads its essentially invisible, and *if* found through searching very often one new comment isn't enough to bring it back onto the front page, in which case its unlikely to get much attention unless the creator is actively following it.

2: This slightly aggressive stance of 'search first or be quiet next time' is very off putting to new members of the forum. PA is a new game and yet because of the large Alpha and Beta test groups we've already got a very 'elite' community and its going to kill off the game before it starts. This has really hurt new players joining TA and Spring (and I personally came across allot of it when I started playing SupCom FA on-line to the extent I gave up- and I'm a veteran TA player).

I would rather let new people ask a few 'stupid' questions and get them involved than muscle them out. I think it also helps highlight regular concerns- if there are 500 threads asking about X then X is probably something Uber should address directly rather than leaving it to the small group of very vocal community members.
  13. brianpurkiss

Searching before posting is the forum rules.

We get new people here on the forums every day and we constantly get the same posts over and over. This is why searching is in the forum rules and why I created the FAQ. If every new member posted a few duplicate questions, then every thread on the front page would be the same question. This is bad. This means there is little opportunity for real discussion because everyone is talking on different thread and no one will be able to discuss ideas.

In short. The search before posting is a very important rule. It's needed to keep the forums constructive and actually viable for facilitating discussion.
  14. KNight

I'm not sure what you mean by "Once a thread is buried down the list of 100's of previous threads its essentially invisible, and *if* found through searching very often one new comment isn't enough to bring it back onto the front page" because a single post sticks it right at the top of the list, the catch is that if the new post just re-treads the same ground as already covered no one is bothered enough to reply to it so it sinks back down, if something can bring new insight, or new informations that wasn't previously available it is entire possible for the thread to be come active again. The catch is that the chances of a new user having some insight or information on a given subject that hasn't already been covered before or was already known is very small, we've been very thorough over the last year and half.

You know what happens when the same question gets asked every day? People stop answering questions because they've been answering it for months already and it's frustrating to try and keep up with that. And what happens when new user's questions don't get answered? They get disinterested due to the lack of other's interest in their own comments.

The problem is not that people have questions to ask, overall we don't mind helping people, but when the information is already available in a thread with far more depth and discussion than could ever take place in a single post we'd rather they use the existing source first to help them get a better understanding of the topic and what's already been covered before coming back and either bringing back the original thread with new insight/info or creating a new divergent topic where applicable.

Lots of people have put in numerous hours trying to compile informations in many different forms, I myself have done the following threads

Confirmed Features List
    Live Stream Index
    Topic Index(Outdated)
    How to Search for Fun and Profit(Outdated)
    PSA - Realism VS Awesome
    PSA - PA's Aesthetic
    PSA - What Galactic War Actually is
    Commanders and what we know so far(Backer's Lounge)

What it really comes down to is not that we don't want to help people, we just don't want to babysit them and hold their hand while taking them to the answer, we're more than willing to meet half way and help people understand or clarify things if they don't get it on their own but this isn't a kindergarten class either.

Mike
  15. DeadStretch

You know not too long ago the internet prided itself in being a know it all. By this I mean, I remember a time where everyone used Google to act like they knew the answer to everything. These days it seems people don't even care enough to search. They just ask someone else to answer it for them and therefore appear lazy.
    LavaSnake, brianpurkiss and drz1 like this.
  16. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

17. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

My vote is on $39.99 as it was Sins of a Solar Empire's launch price and there's parallels you can draw between team size/game type/etc.

You can't charge more than that without a single player campaign imo.
  18. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

Isn't Galactic War the single player campaign ??
    I'm hoping uber also draw money in from Mods and extra commanders for sale, if they have that.
    It would be good to lower the release price and make more money off mods and addon's.
  19. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Not like the single player campaigns in Supreme Commander 1 and 2.

The majority of RTS players never touch PvP multiplayer.
  20. DeadStretch

Please, no! Also GW isn't a campaign. It's just Skirmishes with a purpose.