Proposed Ground Rebalance

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by stuart98, November 27, 2013.

1. nlspeed911

nlspeed911 Member

What are those then, if I may ask?
  2. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

I think the only units that are balanced vs defenses in the current build are the Naval units. Artillery and catapults otherwise make land assaults overly expensive. The actual point defence structures can be pretty easily destroyed with either lots and lots of units, or Stompers and Shellers.

Actually wait up. The OP ignores mobile artillery. The balance is already there because you just use T2 artillery units with a Skitter.
  3. kmike13

kmike13 Member

I would also love to hear these ideas.
  4. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

If defensive structures are not efficient. The defensive game strategy is no longer an option. The turrets do not make a base unassailable, so they are not broken and should be left as they are.
  5. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

T2 artillery does though. . . And the only real way to deal with pelters is T2 mobile artillery units
  6. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

At the point where T2 artillery is rolling out there are Nukes and orbital lasers that can still crack the nut.
  7. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

You will have to look in the archives. I am not a $5K tier, so any ideas listed there would have to be immediately discarded lest it shows unfair favoritism against the proper kickstarter backers. In a way, you can look at it as a list of things the game can no longer have. I'm a **** like that.

If a familiar unit is added in the future, I'll be sure to point it out with a nod and a little bit of elbow jab as if to say "hey hey, you see that? I'm pretty good at this". Unfortunately it only seems to work for Blizzard titles, so don't worry about it.